Competition Lurm Boats.

21 replies to this topic

#21 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

As a LRM enthusiast, my best LRM builds per chassis type are these:

(Note - BR means BRUTAL because it regularly does 700 damage or more, H means HOT, AS means possible ammo shortages, O means good overall)

Mad Dog: (O) 6 x LRM5 + 5 Medium lasers / (AS) 2 x LRM 20 + 5 small lasers

TimberWolf: (BR 4 x LRM10 + 4 CERML / (O) 2 x LRM 15 + 5 CERML / (H)2 x LRM20 + 4 CMPL

Supernova: (BR) 2 x LRM20A + 2 x LRM15A + 4 CERSL

Highlander IIC: (BR) 2 x LRM20 + 3 x CERLL + AMS

Archer: (O) 2 x LRM15 + 6 x ML

Mauler: (BR) 2 x LRM15 + 6 ML / (BR) 2 x LRM15 + 4 x SL + 2 x ERLL

Honorable mentions that also use LRM's but are not exactly "boats" (as in LRMs are not considered primary weapons):

Executioner: (BR) 2 x LRM10 + 7 CERSL + CERPPC / (BR) 2 x LRM10 + 7 CSPL

Hellbringer: (O) LRM20 + 7 CEML + ECM

Arctic Cheeta: (O) 2 x LRM5 + 4 x CERSL + ECM

Shadow Cat: (O) LRM15 + 2 x CERLL + ECM

Well, there they are! Posted Image

Edited by Vellron2005, 23 June 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#22 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

Considering that LRM5 have been heat-nerfed and stand little to no chance to pierce AMS cover these days, I find any LRM5 boating to be rather useless. Additionally, I feel like a good lurmer is just a step behind the push/firing line, and uses their (ideally somewhat potent) secondaries to assist, finish off targets, and most important, have some precision fire for open components. BAP and TAG are more or less mandatory, as no one appreciates a slow targeting lurmer, and even less people appreciate lurmers asking for locks.

I submit, thus, the MDD-PRIME Baby Vomit. Artemis is a given, for the direct-fire accuracy, and the laser weaponry maximizes the hardpoints available, while retaining full set-of-8 XP bonus and getting those juicy missile quirks from the ST omnipods. Running a little more back armor than I would on other mechs, for obvious reasons - LRM boats are asking to be back stabbed.

The AMS is not just for LRM defense, but also against Streaks and SRMs, soon also ATMs, MRMs and rockets. The half ton of ammo plus the AMS can be replaced for a LAMS 1:1 come nuTech. One ton of ammo or the AMS could be dropped to replace the ALRM15 with twin ATM9 when that happens, too. It might also be interesting to drop the LPL and ERML for three heavy mediums, load up on more heatsinks and increase secondary fire power - at the cost of range. Though, with ATMs, that should widen the combat profile of the Maddog while retaining it's support fire role.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users