Jam Chance Replaced By Uac And Rac Enhancement Nodes?

4 replies to this topic

#1 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

While retooling a Kodiak, I noticed that the two Jam Chance nodes have been replaced by UAC and RAC Enhancement nodes, which reduce jam time by 2.5% each as opposed to effecting jam chance, and cooldown for RAC jam bar.

Having only 2 nodes totaling 5% seems fairly low. I can understand if there was four totaling 10% as that would have a noticeable effect without being game breaking, but 5% is just not worth investing two SP in at all. Will extra nodes be added, or maybe a couple of range nodes replaced?

What happens in the case of people who have already spent SP on nodes that change function?
Will the nodes be deselected and SP refunded?

I am personally fine with just playing one or two games to make enough for a few new SP, but would like some clarification on what happens in a case like this

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:48 AM

Yeah, Scout Derek talked about it before.

View PostScout Derek, on 20 June 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

EDIT: Chris Updates us with why this is:

Posted Image

However, it was confirmed that those are just left-over, how they are implemented still could different. Though it's true that RAC and UAC nodes would share.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 June 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#3 ScrubLord1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:59 AM

They just changed to tooltip to accomodate upcoming civil war changes. Currently it still affects Jam Chance. If they do change it to reducing jam time the raw value should increase since 5% reduction is non-consequential.

#4 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostScrubLord1, on 22 June 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

They just changed to tooltip to accomodate upcoming civil war changes. Currently it still affects Jam Chance. If they do change it to reducing jam time the raw value should increase since 5% reduction is non-consequential.

So is 2.5% Jam Chance. :P

#5 CrisisCannon

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:10 AM

I hope it still maintains the jam chance reduction! The -25% chance dual UAC10 MG is still too fun. Posted Image

Edited by CrisisCannon, 22 June 2017 - 08:10 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users