Can't Install

Install Patch Copying From Cache

3 replies to this topic

#1 AV8R-PA-18

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

I can't Patch or Install. I have my MWO on my D: drive. My C: is a 128GB SSD that is full of just the operating system and a few small utilities.

I've set the temp directory to D:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online

and the portal is in

D:\Games\Piranha Games\MWO Portal

When I run the Portal it says 'INSTALL' and creates a new Piranha folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online

and does nothing forever saying 'Copying from Cache.'

Help, please.

#2 AV8R-PA-18

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:30 PM

Tried uninstalling and fresh install. Still hangs on 'Copying From Cache. Nothing is downloading.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,747 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

Question, when it asks to install MWO, are you NOT changing the install location? It should not look like this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online

Follow the directions listed in one of the posts for both Portal and MWO. The folder should NOT include MWO Portal nor Mechwarrior Online. And you can install Portal on your D drive in the Piranha folder. Again, do not put MWO PORTAL or such as part of the folder name. The installation does that automatically, it simply does not display it when installing.

https://mwomercs.com...l-still-broken/

Then when it asks you to install MWO, which you say it is installed, point the installer to the D:\Games\Piranha Games .... Do not add Mechwarrior Online. If you do then the installer will NOT see your current MWO folder and files. It will look like the following if you were to drill to the folder.

Again, do not do the following...
D:\Games\Piranha Games\Mechwarrior Online (your current install )\Mechwarrior Online (the new installation)

Does that make sense? PGI obviously does not want users to change the actual primary folder name, but the both Portal and MWO installer does not show a followup screen to show what the overall actual directory name system will look like.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 24 June 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#4 AV8R-PA-18

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

I've changed the install location to D:\Games\MWO.

I let the 'Copying From Cache' go overnight and got an error message at the end saying: 'Missing PAK file. Please run the repair tool.'

I ran the repair tool. It hung up with a pop-up I closed without reading properly. (sorry). I deleted everything, ran IO uninstall, deleted every reference to MWO.

Downloaded the Portal and had the same problems as before but this time there were more 'Options' in the Portal so I was able to install, have another error message about missing PAK. Ran the Repair Tool. Now, miraculously, it's working.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users