5 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Seeing comp mode is not being used lets just rename it, change it to 1v1 and 2v2(rotate every hour). Put in the 1v1 2v2 and 4v4 maps from private Q.

Over the next few months add in small replacement maps for the place holders and call it good.

Save everyone some money and maybe get it out next patch :)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 28 June 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:02 AM

Yeah why not.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

not sure about this one,
many seem to be sold on this Grand Solaris Concept from the Townhall,

i guess it could be done, though i would still think it should be kept 1v1 or 2v2,
attach them to comp mode, but in seprate buckets with a list of how many people are in the mode,
i think it could be cool, and add more things to it as time goes on, could be a nice place holder for Solaris,

personally for Solaris i would like to see,

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 26 June 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

i think normal C-Bill rewards are fine, but PGI can always run a Patron like other games,
where players bet MC like an Action, but they are buying their name as the Weekly Host Patron,

lets say of all the Players putting MC in to become Host Patron the one who wins,
(those who lose dont lose their MC) Put up 500MC, PGI's system matches them 500(100MC total)
their Name & selected Mech(as it appears in their Mech bay(full Camo & Decals) is displayed,
in the Solaris Tab of the Game for the week, as well as a line of Text(or a Web Link)
who ever wins gets the 1000MC, and is also displayed as the most recent winner,

this could also be a way for up in coming streamers to help get their names out there,
as well as get gamer's the notoriety they want as their mechs will be displayed for a week after winning,
and entourages people to play, and is player driven,

#4 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

Yeah, something, Anything, Come on!

#5 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

Isn't Comp mode for determing the next MechCon Champion fights? Scraping that now would be problematic I think.
If the CompMode isn't use by anyone else then the team for MechCon...yah I agree that it could be closed after the qualifiers/MechCon.

I think part of the problem is that most of the competetive teams have allready orginized themself in MRBC or similar sites and PGI just waited to long to integrate MRBC into MWO.

Same could happen to Solaris. With the MC free Private matches beeing possible now my first thought was to create my own Solaris tournaments.

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:20 AM

Rename comp mode Solaris and QP modes Mashed Potatoes while you are at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users