Atm Min Range Removed? No. Reduced? Yes.

22 replies to this topic

#21 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

If the velocity, spread and current hit points per missile remain the same then the Minimum range needs to be eliminated. The ATM's suffer all the hard counters that LRM's suffer, while being less ammo efficient. If they are to have any place in the game the minim range needs to be removed.

#22 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

I'd like to see the minimum range removed entirely, but I think a minimum range of 90 meters would be acceptable as well. At least at that range, we'd have a decent bracket (90-270) of 180m that the weapon was capable of dishing out that high 3pt/missile damage.

As is, AMS utterly destroys ATMs vs other missiles considering they're heavier and bulkier than LRMs with crappier ammo efficiency - fly much slower than SRMs, and have a pitiful 90m window of use where they can truly shine. They're "ok" in medium range at the moment, with a bit of a niche as a better direct fire option for few-hardpoint mechs as an alternative to taking LRMs.

I don't think they're "Dead on Arrival" or anything. I think they just need a slight adjustment to help make up for some of their drawbacks, as their benefits are having a hard time translating into MWO at the moment.

Edited by ExAstra, 29 June 2017 - 11:21 PM.

#23 DeathWolf11

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

Remove Min Range. The others have given plenty of reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users