7 replies to this topic

#1 HaXX0r1337

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Hey folks.

I have noticed something weird with ECM nowadays.

From that what I knew, the lock on and target info on an ECM carrying enemy mech was possible from somewhat 200 to 250 m. Closer than ~ 200 m, jamming occurs. Above ~300 m No Lock was possible besides UAV, TAG or BAB.

A couple of times when I want to have fun on my PB, I try to sneak behind the enemy to get a shot of. Often, from 800m+ I get targeted with LRMs when I briefly pop up between buildings and I experience half the enemy team is chasing me and know were exactly I am.

I have noticed that even I was able to get target info from an ECM mech within the enemy line beyond 400m. This mech had his ECM NOT cancelled and NO TAG NOR NARC was active on him NO was a UAV up.

Is there a certain range where unskilled ECM can be regularity locked on beyond ~400 m with the latest change in ECM behavior?

Cheers

Edited by HaXX0r1337, 03 July 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

Unskilled ECM gets detected at ranges longer than 400 meters. If the opponent had put skill points on radar range and/or has BAP then it can be detected from even further. So unless you are sniping from 800+ meter range grab both ECM skill nodes.

#3 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

ECM post-Skill Web was significantly nerfed. I can't remember the exact distance but naked ecm without skill pts only protect you to like 600-700m. With max ecm skills, you can get to around 400m I think.

BUT, the enemy can also take radar boost skills so that number shifts a bit in their favor too.

In any case, if your ecm mech is standing in LOS of LRM boats long enough for them to actually get a lock on you, it means you've been standing in the open for far too long. Personally I think it's fair. I used to be able to narc half of the enemy team on my RVN-3L thanks to that magical invisibility box.

#4 HaXX0r1337

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:15 PM

So, unskilled ECM is effective in vanishing from the enemies radar below ~400m and above ~200m range ?

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostHaXX0r1337, on 03 July 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

So, unskilled ECM is effective in vanishing from the enemies radar below ~400m and above ~200m range ?

No, you need both ECM nodes for that range.

View PostSQW, on 03 July 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

ECM post-Skill Web was significantly nerfed. I can't remember the exact distance but naked ecm without skill pts only protect you to like 600-700m. With max ecm skills, you can get to around 400m I think.

With max ECM skills you will have the same exact cloaking capability as that of the old ECM. So less than 300 meters.

#6 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,086 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:14 PM

I'm not sure but I think if a mech has bap, com console and max sensor tree they can get you at 400m-500m. One of my cats is set up that way without tag.

#7 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

IT was PPCs, PPC strikes even nearby will counteract ECM for a few seconds.

#8 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostHaXX0r1337, on 03 July 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

No. Like El Bandito said, to get ecm to what it was like before the Skill Web, you'll need to get all the ecm skill nodes. Running raw ECM wouldn't give you much safety distance; you will start being visible within ~600m. If the enemy team LRM boats are speced with full radar nodes and other equipment, your stealth distance will be cut even shorter.

I tend to play with the view that I can be targeted within 400m even with all the ecm skills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users