11 replies to this topic

#1 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

Since there are a lot of posts about what isn't so hot, can we list some things that we think were done right? It might be a small list, but what looks like it's going to rise to the top post- CW patch based upon current implementation?

The lifting of the UAC20 (and UAC10 I suppose, although only really applicable to the Annihilator) ghost heat limits was a welcome surprise that I wasn't expecting. IMO a suitable tradeoff for the increased fitting requirements and added burst fire.

UAC20 was probably the weapon I was most expecting to be disappointed by. Might even be too powerful on the MAL-2P with the 20% UAC jam chance it gained last patch.

#2 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

x4 SNPPC on an AWS-8Q is pretty ridiculous... that is the only build using the only weapon that is not just hot garbage. They all need an fairly comprehensive re-tuning of cooldowns, heat, spread, sounds (some are ok but some are just awful), firing mechanics (MRMs as well as the UAC 10s & 20s doing Burst making it just strictly and utterly inferior craptastic in comparison to Clam versions)

so good luck finding what is good cause I sure have not run across it yet

#3 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 28 June 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

UAC 10s & 20s doing Burst

Actually, the UAC20 has a surprisingly short burst which makes it much better than the crap weapon that is the Clan UAC20. It is amazing how much of a difference 2 less shells can make.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 28 June 2017 - 10:00 PM.

#4 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 28 June 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Actually, the UAC20 has a surprisingly short burst which makes it much better than the crap weapon that is the Clan UAC20. It is amazing how much of a difference 2 less shells can make.

3 shots per trigger pull instead of 4. im underwhelmed.

#5 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Light PPCs allowed me to make some XL PPC mechs to LFE mechs while maintaining the same firepower. Just need to be more careful with ghost heat (but even if accidentally triggered isn't that big a deal).

Edited by fat4eyes, 28 June 2017 - 10:04 PM.

#6 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:36 PM

[mod] Redacted for failure to comply with COC guidelines. [/mod]

Edited by United Airlines Security, 29 June 2017 - 05:28 AM.

#7 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:44 PM

[mod]

Quote Redacted for COC guidelines violations/

[/mod]

No ghost heat between a pair of UAC20s.

80 dmg double tap > +4 crits +6 tons.

Edited by United Airlines Security, 29 June 2017 - 05:29 AM.

#8 I_AM_ZUUL

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 28 June 2017 - 10:44 PM, said:

No ghost heat between a pair of UAC20s.

80 dmg double tap > +4 crits +6 tons.

bugged... the GH is whack right now across the board, so until that is announced as a "feature", it needs to be lumped into the same category as PPCs & RACs

#9 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostI_AM_ZUUL, on 28 June 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

bugged... the GH is whack right now across the board, so until that is announced as a "feature", it needs to be lumped into the same category as PPCs & RACs

There's no indication that it's a bug- the GH cap has been consciously set so that you can fire two UAC20s and three UAC10s. This is unlike RACs where trying to shoot 4 just instantly overheats you, or the messed up ammo quantities etc.

Another explanation is that some values were simply copy+pasted from LBX weapon, but that's just speculation.

This isn't to say that the ghost heat cap will remain (pretty broken tbh), but I'd be more inclined to believe it's for testing purposes.

#10 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:16 AM

No ghost heat on ultra 20s feel way too strong imo.
LBX20x2 feels strong

Edited by Kaptain, 29 June 2017 - 01:21 AM.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:19 AM

light and heavy gauss were both good. rocket launchers are a lot more useful than i had originally suspected. both flavors of new machine guns were good. ppc options are ok. most of the equipments are at least useful. especially anything that helps me get more out of my light mechs (light ferro, light tag, lap). lams looks cool but i ran around in a kitfox for an hour and didnt come up against a single missile boat. id really like to get a feel for the heat output.

but i was most disapointed with racs, mrms, and atms. the racs were weak for the heat and the missile mechanics are in dire need of work. is er, micro and heavy lasers are just more of the same stuff, but i kind of think there needs to be more distinctive colors for those beams. stealth armor has some bugs (possibly features *shudders*). things like your own team not being able to tell what side your on, and the disappearing radar. pretty much what should be the best weapons in the pack are garbage.

none of the new autocannons feel different. the new is ballistics arent distinct enough from the clan side. i have not found a reason why id use the ultra line over the std autocannon. the iuac20 feels just plane broke and the iuac10 is too hot. its a lot like when i run cacs on the clan side because i dont think the ultras are very good. the 2 class for the lb and uac work the best and have pleasing sound effects, but they are pretty much identical to the clan side. a faster fire rate would help justify the massive amount of space they consume over the stock ac2. the racs need less aggressive heat ramping or they need a little bit more firepower. i think id prefer the former.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 June 2017 - 02:32 AM.

#12 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:22 AM

In my world I don't see rAC5s as "crap." I see them as "different." Are they boatable? No. And I like that, with firepower ratings in the stratosphere with nuTech there have to be anti-boating mechanics or all you will see are 4xLGR Maulers or 4xrAC Maulers and 4xMRM20 Butterbees or Arc 5Ws vs. all-HL Hellbringers and G/erPPC Night Gyrs trying to one-shot each other and as much as a lot of twitch players want that in MWO I would rather not see it. Are they bugged? Yep. Two r5 on the same firing group are manageable, while on different groups fired together they get hot fast. But they do promote mixed builds and that is what you see in Lore. In present implementation one r5 and one u5 make a nasty combo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users