Nerfs Are Hated By Most. So, Did Pgi Lowball?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Even the smallest NERFs get the torch and pitchfork crowd worked up into a frenzy while BUFFs are most often welcomed with open arms.

Did PGI err on the side of being too conservative with the weapons for the Civil War Tech because of this?

I expected most of the weapons to be a sidegrade and I believe that is how it should be to avoid making existing tech obsolete. And then there was also going to be a few things to fill some holes. However, most the stuff I have tested so far is not on par with the weapons that are already in the game and I find myself vainly looking for something new that I will actually use in its current state. I hope that there is going to be a lot of tweaking of values prior to releasing these weapons on LIVE because if not, I am going to save a lot of C-Bills by just running the same thing I already run.

#2 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:25 PM

It really depends on whether or not they use the feedback. I'm guessing we will see very limited, if any, changes though simply because they could have showed us the stats weeks ago and we could have solved a lot of these problems then. The fact they kept the stats hidden until so close to the patch seems to indicate they aren't really looking to change much.

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Looks like they're balancing weapons for tier5. Anyone who can aim can't use these stuff.

#4 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Was just about to post the same as the OP. It makes sense that they are introducing it at a low baseline and then will buff it up and this would be a better way to do things vs the sting of nerfing everyone's favorite new toys.

But hey, its PGI so ya never know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users