Mixed Mrm Ghost Heat. A Tooltip Bug?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

So, it looks like MRM 10/20/30/40 ghost heat cap is set to 4/3/2/2(?) respectively, according to the tooltip. I assume they are all in the same linked group, so when I mix 3x MRM 20 and 1x MRM 10 there should be a ghost heat warning? Testing in-game, 3xMRM 20 raises the heat bar to 30% and the single MRM 10 to 5%. Alpha striking results in 40% heat, so I'm definitely generating some ghost heat by adding the MRM 10 to the group.

EDIT: Interestingly, the tooltip appears to work correctly when the MRM 10 is fitted into CP-10-Q ST hardpoint, but NOT when it is fitted into the CT hardpoint. Can anyone reproduce this?

EDIT2: Other combinations like 2x MRM 30 + 2x MRM 10 or 2x MRM 30 + 1x MRM 20 also appear to generate ghost heat without showing the tooltip.

EDIT3: It would appear that either the most numerous launcher present, or the type with the highest ghost heat cap is used in the mechlab. The interface won't warn about ghost heat when mixing two MRM 20s with a MRM 30, but will pop up the warning when you add a fourth launcher of any type.

Edited by Wattila, 28 June 2017 - 09:34 PM.

#2 LifeSaver

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

I have the same issue...
If I play around with 2 MRM 10 and 2 MRM 20 in the mechlab on a Mauler, I get strange tooltips warnings:

If I put 4 mrm20, I have the warning, then I replace 2 mrm20 with 2 mrm10, I stil have the warning.
But if I put 4 mrm10, and then replace 2 mrm10 with 2 mrm20, the warning doesn't appear.

I figured the tooltip check pops up on changes, but its way of calculating is not done right.

Shows how ghost heat is a bad concept, and that everything was fine until they introduced "heat capacity" in heatsinks. This is the elements that screwed everything up.

#3 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 23 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

I am trying out mrm's now as well and got these weird ghostheat tooltips.

Te weirdest 1 is that it mentions srm's mrm's and lrm's in the same section.
While 3 srm's on a mech don't give ghostheat.

And venmore weird it said more then 1 of them will give ghosthat with2 mrm 40's on the HGN-733.

SO IT IS AL JUST BULLOCKS, how do you know what is going on.

PS: WE NEED 5 MORE MAPS

#4 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

AFAIK:

1x MRM40 will trigger small GH with anything
2x MRM30 will be ok
3x MRM20 will be ok