Civil War Technology Pts - My Thoughts

No replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:14 PM

Here's my take on the new toys for Civil War:

My take on Heavy Lasers:

1) Burn time definitely waaay to long.. I can fire a HLL and go get a cup of covfefe while it's finished burning.. Same with mediums and smalls.. Please lower to ER laser levels or slightly (and I mean slightly) above for smalls and mediums, and same as ER for large.

2) Visually I find the Heavy lasers non-distinctive. Add better visuals that make them more distinctive. Maybe the air around the beam could become blurred (from the heat) or the beam should be thicker, or the beam can begin thin and rapidly become thick.. something..

Micro Lasers:

1) I think they need to be continuous fire like laser-type machine guns.. Also, they are kinda useful only if boated (like 9 of them on an Executioner). Otherwise, I don't see a use for them much.. Also, they should have their own color.

MRMs:

1)The spread is way to large, even with Artemis, I can use 4 tons of ammo and not kill a single centurion..

2) Its silly that I can mount 4 x MRM10, but not 2 MRM20 on the same mech.. lower the tonnage appropriately.

ATMs:

1) Min range is silly. Remove it. ATM's do very little damage at long range, so either remove the min range or make the optimal range about 450 meters. Also, make them fire indirectly like LRM's when locked and directly like SRMs with no lock.. They should be ADVANCED, right now, I would prefer LRMs over ATMs..

Light Fusion Engines:

Good option for IS, will make many mechs have more viable builds.

RACs:

1) Ghost heat and heat in general to high, using 4 x RAC5 overheats a Mauler in 3 seconds. Using only 2 RAC5 overheats a Mauler in 5-6 seconds.

2) Spin up time actually less than expected, good so far. Also Jam chance.. not a big issue so far..

Rocket launchers:

Interesting concept, but the one-shot nature of it means I will probably never use them.

I'll add more comments as I try out more stuff..

Edited by Vellron2005, 28 June 2017 - 11:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users