Rac Feel Too Weak

6 replies to this topic

#1 kyune mikawa

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

As the subject says -- I run 2xUAC/5 ENF-4P and AC/5 + UAC/5 DRG-5N. Trying to add RACs just...feels really bad. They look cool, but the damage is so bad that I can't see the reason to take them as-is :/

Edited by kyune mikawa, 29 June 2017 - 12:39 AM.

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,100 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Try it with ERMLs.

#3 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:21 AM

RAC's have a heat spike bug (?). When you have 2 RAC's and one of them jams/stops and when it unjams and you start shooting it (while the one that didnt jam is still shooting) you get a big heat spike.

or just start shooting first and a second later start shooting the other too so both are shooting at the same time eventually. youll get the heat spike

Edited by lazytopaz, 29 June 2017 - 04:27 AM.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:07 AM

Try boating them. 3 RAC5 Ilya (you can get for free on the test server).

#5 Weepy Wanebow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:16 AM

They are super weak compared to what they are in table top. I get why PGI wouldn't want them to function the same way but I think there is a lot holding them back from being viable....damage being one of the several reasons that they are DOA in practical combat

#6 MayoSkin

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

too much heat, too little damage, too many slots, people will just stick to macros instead.

#7 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:37 AM

RAC's warm up time shouldnot count as a weapon usage time (the bar that when filled starts to count chances for jamming - shouldnt be filled up on warmup)

Apart from that I think this weapon gonna be a pure support/damage amplification. So you put it on a medium or fast heavy to support your big alpha/heavy armour buddies. You will shake and strip stuff quickly... but cone of fire will spread the damage + movement, target leading and enemy twisting away trying to spread damage... as I said suppport role weapon.

3xRAC5 - firing more than two huge heat spike - bcs no fun allowed.
I belive with new tech there should pop a number of quirks that are mech/variant specific like e.g. :

Ilya Muromets - changes the rule of 2 RAC5 max without heatspike for 3.

We need ammo adjustements.
RAC 5 eats through 7 tons of ammo in under 2-3 minutes.
While RAC 2 feels like you won't ever run out of ammo.
I'd like to see additional (newly added apart from existing ones) skill tree nodes for Magazine. Like : Magazine III, Magazine IV, Magazine V. To adress that.

P.S. offtopic : doesnt it feel like IS-UAC10 ammo is not adequate in quantity per ton? You just chew through ammo waaaay too fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users