Is Streaks

10 replies to this topic

#1 Godzilla870

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

I have tested new IS Streak SRM-4 and IS Streak SRM-6 and I am shocked how big they spread is. Its much bigger than eveything, even MRM-40. Shooting from 20 meters they cover up entire mech with damage from left arm to right arm also including both legs. I dont play Clans so I dont know how they streaks work, but I hope its bugged. Otherwise I cant see anybody justifying to equip them on any mech.
Plase tell me if Clan Streaks behave similarly and if any of you are using it.

#2 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

I tried the streak 6 as well and it's bad. It looks like they are using the same shot dispersal as the streak 2.

And they launch even if the target is out of range.

Mainly though the spread is horrible. I can't see every taking streak systems unless my mechs entire focus is on light hunting and I want something that will track.

#3 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

That is how streaks work because IS pilots complained that streaks are OP. They primarily target arms and legs. Get used to it.

#4 Morderian

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

well like all streaks do they shoot at every part of the mech thats the case since beta and the reasons is simple, if they would not do it they would be the best weapon ingame replacing SRMs entirely (we had Ct firing streaks in the old time and it was pure horror running into a streak A1 nothing killed a mech faster and with less skill)

Edited by Morderian, 29 June 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#5 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

Yeah, what you experiencing is what the almighty Clan Streakcrow does. And that's the reason for me taking no streaks into battle. They are not effective. Probably your Streaks have less spread. By the way, your SSRM6 has only 2/3 of our cSSRM6s cooldown.

Does the Clan Streakboat still look that scary now?

#6 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

packs of streak ravens dominated the game long ago when ECM and ghost hitboxes ruled the day.. 3 of those darn things on the enemy team was an almost garunteed loss.. CT seeking missiles got nerfed after that..

#7 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostMorderian, on 29 June 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

well like all streaks do they shoot at every part of the mech thats the case since beta and the reasons is simple, if they would not do it they would be the best weapon ingame replacing SRMs entirely (we had Ct firing streaks in the old time and it was pure horror running into a streak A1 nothing killed a mech faster and with less skill)

Odd, because I want to say I've seen streak Maddogs strip out just torsos without doing damage to legs or arms. Is it just a less than 50m range thing to make that happen? Maddog quirks?

I was expecting streaks to have a larger pattern than SRMs but still stay pretty consistent.

#8 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:42 AM

And then we got HSR and suddenly normal weapons could hit as well. Weapons with more damage and less ridiculous cooldown.

View PostRuar, on 29 June 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Odd, because I want to say I've seen streak Maddogs strip out just torsos without doing damage to legs or arms. Is it just a less than 50m range thing to make that happen? Maddog quirks?

I was expecting streaks to have a larger pattern than SRMs but still stay pretty consistent.

I used a Streak MadDog in CW for a while. They worked that way a long time ago, than got more spread. Regardless of range, their Streaks will hit everywhere, not just CT.

Edited by Duvanor, 29 June 2017 - 07:44 AM.

#9 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

Wow...

Ok, you guys apparently have no idea how streaks work, otherwise this thread wouldn't even exist. Streaks target "bones" inside the target mech and fly in as straight a line as possible towards them. It is randomized between the three torso locations, arms, and legs. The spread you are seeing is just how streaks work. You trade away tonnage efficiency, RoF, and precision to gain accuracy.

The best you can hope for in the way of concentrated damage with streaks is to come at the enemy from the side, the missiles targeting the other side of the mech will detonate on contact with the near side. And, yes, they can be fired out of range, just like LRMs can. With streaks you can use this to fire a volley at an approaching enemy and get that damage in a second earlier, but this is very unreliable.

I haven't tried the SSRM6 yet, but I've tried the 4-pack, and am satisfied that it performs the way that it should.

#10 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

View PostEscef, on 29 June 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

Wow...

Ok, you guys apparently have no idea how streaks work, otherwise this thread wouldn't even exist. Streaks target "bones" inside the target mech and fly in as straight a line as possible towards them. It is randomized between the three torso locations, arms, and legs. The spread you are seeing is just how streaks work. You trade away tonnage efficiency, RoF, and precision to gain accuracy.

The best you can hope for in the way of concentrated damage with streaks is to come at the enemy from the side, the missiles targeting the other side of the mech will detonate on contact with the near side. And, yes, they can be fired out of range, just like LRMs can. With streaks you can use this to fire a volley at an approaching enemy and get that damage in a second earlier, but this is very unreliable.

I haven't tried the SSRM6 yet, but I've tried the 4-pack, and am satisfied that it performs the way that it should.

Some of us don't use Clan mechs so having streaks is a new thing. Be nice.

#11 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostRuar, on 29 June 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

Some of us don't use Clan mechs so having streaks is a new thing. Be nice.

IS-SSRM2 has been a thing since open beta.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users