List Of Weapons That Need Fine Tuning.

7 replies to this topic

#1 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

RAC's bar should start to fill once upon firing shots, not during barrel rev up and GH limit should be increased to 3 for RAC5 and 4 for RAC2, GH heat can be reduced a good bit too.

MRM spread is near unusable, give them a LBX type of spread where first 300m has a tight spread and past that they start to fan out like a shotgun.

IS UAC10-20 needs it's ammo adjusted for the burst fire like clan UAC10-20.

Light Gauss needs 3 second cooldown from 5.

Heavy Gauss needs 250m opt range and reduce cooldown to 6 from 6.5.

Light PPC needs GH limit of 4 instead of 2.

Heavy PPC needs .5 less heat.

Heavy Medium Laser duration can be reduced to 1.4.

Heavy Large Laser duration can be reduced to 1.5 and heat reduced to 15.

LAMS heat can be reduced to 2, duel or tri boating LAMS can be a death sentence given all of the LRMboats and soon to be ATMboats.

ATM's can travel in a straight line rather than LRM type of lobbed fire, to prevent them from being used over LRM's in the same situations, reduced deadzone to 90m and bring range down to 600-700m and tighten the spread.

Rocket Launchers need to be hardlock to firing 2 at a time.(Seeing posts about FW trolling RL20boating light rush is troubling for both sides).

HMG damage is a bit too high, maybe bump them down to 1.1 or 1.2.

All I could think of for the time.

(updated after more testing)

Edited by GrimRiver, 30 June 2017 - 08:08 AM.

#2 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

i agree with everything except atms (their current firing arc seems to have them exclusively targeting legs, may be wrong, just my experience after a few matches against them) and the heavy gauss (chris in a twitch stream with ngng explained their still doing 20ish damage at about 400 meters out, which is better than an ac20 so im chill with the heavy gause). maybe nerf the heavy machine guns a tad.

#3 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postnaterist, on 29 June 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

(chris in a twitch stream with ngng explained their still doing 20ish damage at about 400 meters out, which is better than an ac20 so im chill with the heavy gause).

Add charge time, recoil, higher tonnage, no light engine possible(though its possible in tt by splitting crits to ct) and finally the fact that uac20 exists...
Why would i ever pick heavy gauss?

400m optimal 1200 max.

Edited by davoodoo, 29 June 2017 - 02:12 PM.

#4 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

I update my post and did some tweaks to existing statements.

#5 MossPigglet

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:00 PM

I have been running a chain fire light ppc build on a banshee 3s and I have been finding it wrecks face, I think the Light PPC's actually may need a nerf. Either 4 damage or 3 pinpoint and 1 damage to adjacent components.

I agree with the heavy Gauss tweak along with heavy PPC heat reduction they are a bit too hot. And the UAC 10 and 20 Definitely need the ammo to be adjusted

#6 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostCardMaster7, on 29 June 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

I have been running a chain fire light ppc build on a banshee 3s and I have been finding it wrecks face, I think the Light PPC's actually may need a nerf. Either 4 damage or 3 pinpoint and 1 damage to adjacent components.

I agree with the heavy Gauss tweak along with heavy PPC heat reduction they are a bit too hot. And the UAC 10 and 20 Definitely need the ammo to be adjusted

I find LPPC stats to be pretty good, maybe too good. But GH limit of 2 cuts it's potential performance.

People could start to take them over other PPC's due to it's balance, then it may end in a nerf for LPPC or a buff for the other PPC's. Knowing PGI it'll be the former.

#7 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:48 PM

I see some of the patch changes are pretty close to my post stats. :)

#8 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostGrimRiver, on 29 June 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

RAC's bar should start to fill once upon firing shots, not during barrel rev up and GH limit should be increased to 3 for RAC5 and 4 for RAC2, GH heat can be reduced a good bit too.

MRM spread is near unusable, give them a LBX type of spread where first 300m has a tight spread and past that they start to fan out like a shotgun.

IS UAC10-20 needs it's ammo adjusted for the burst fire like clan UAC10-20.

Light Gauss needs 3 second cooldown from 5.

Heavy Gauss needs 250m opt range and reduce cooldown to 6 from 6.5.

Light PPC needs GH limit of 4 instead of 2.

Heavy PPC needs .5 less heat.

Heavy Medium Laser duration can be reduced to 1.4.

Heavy Large Laser duration can be reduced to 1.5 and heat reduced to 15.

LAMS heat can be reduced to 2, duel or tri boating LAMS can be a death sentence given all of the LRMboats and soon to be ATMboats.

ATM's can travel in a straight line rather than LRM type of lobbed fire, to prevent them from being used over LRM's in the same situations, reduced deadzone to 90m and bring range down to 600-700m and tighten the spread.

Rocket Launchers need to be hardlock to firing 2 at a time.(Seeing posts about FW trolling RL20boating light rush is troubling for both sides).

HMG damage is a bit too high, maybe bump them down to 1.1 or 1.2.

All I could think of for the time.

(updated after more testing)

Ghost Heat shouldn't exist... To put it simply... If you can carry it, you should be able to fire it without acquiring an imaginary penalty for actually being able to do math...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users