10 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Unless I'm running to Gauss boat I can't see using the laser ams. Feels like a normal ams with a 1/2 of ammo is lots better.
The heat is way to high. Maybe make it little heavier and drop the heat?

#2 Haacknslay

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

LAMS Heat is to high as it is now, nobody will use it. Sure u can turn it off when u start to brawl and only use it to defend but still starting an unexpected fight when you have Full Heat is a no go.

#3 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

Have not had a chance to test it yet but it does completely destroy my heat rating in mech lab.

#4 Dirt Devil1

• PipPipPip
  • Major
  • Major
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCoquille, OR

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

Can not put laser ams on Bushwacker x1. Needs 2 slots and x1 only has one in the head.

#5 Rukier

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:53 PM

The LAMS is set to a rather ridiculously high heat level it feels like as is you are limited to a more ballistic boat's style of play without UAC or RAC weaponry a simply combinations of weapons such as a rac 5, two mediums, a snub nose, and a RL20 on a bed with fourteen doubles makes it a rather... hot build for something that shouldn't be building up it's heat so fast in spurts. I have seen even when avoiding fire instead of firing it my heat levels will rise to levels that firing both mediums would have.

#6 Pahrias

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

yes way too hot as it stands.

I think it should be 2 tons, 1 crit and hardly any heat. maybe 0.5, although even that seems high for a purely defensive system.

i mean could you imagine putting 2 of them on a mech? blk 6 would melt in no time flat.

and as dirt devil says, mechs with AMS on the head only wont be able to use it.

Thats my 2 cents on it any way. Hope they change this as LAMS was one of the things i was looking forward to most.

#7 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

So LAMS is finally a way to overheat a Dual Gauss Rifle Jagermech?

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,869 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

it kind of has its place in low heat builds. if your build has a lot of laser or ppc in it, go with the ammo version.

#9 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:26 PM

It seems weak compared to AMS+ammo. Doesn't save on tonnage or slots.(depends on Clan/IS though). There should be some advantage over ordinary AMS. It's really not easy to burn 1 ton of AMS ammo.

Might be borderline useable with 2xAMS slots or better with 3xAMS, but then it would run hot?

#10 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

I´ve tried the Kit Fox with Triple AMS, and it gains 4% heat per 5 LRMs, an Cyclops Q was able to shut me down pretty fast with chainfire.

Still i wouldn´t Change the heat TOO much, because it then gets straight superior to normal AMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users