294 replies to this topic

#21 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:46 PM

I really like this. Like everyone else says-Can we get Civil War loot bags? My only problem-These constant events are keeping me glued to my computer Posted Image

#22 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:50 PM

"Earn a Minimum match Score of 100 in qualified game mode and earn up to 30 loot Bag redeems every 3 days"

Is it one loot bag per match? If that is the case you would have to play 10 matches a day?

#23 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 29 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 29 June 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Reading OP. Plz Nerf.

Did the Civ War pack get redeems during the last loot bag? I don't recall.

Edit: yep, Lucky Charms had bonuses for CivWar1
https://mwomercs.com...=201703stocking

You win.

Maybe loot bags for those of us who did not receive anything from lucky charms... I think it would help drive sales. I know I'm looking for an excuse to purchase an annihilator or a uziel.

Edited by Kaptain, 29 June 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#24 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

i was like " i need to take a break from gaming too much and do irl stuff ! then i saw the rewards.... 2 premium colors omfg /drools PURPLE AND BLACK YOU WILL BE MINE !! =)

Also, cobra, or hot rod or snowfall or one of the faction patterns omg i cant decide !!!

#25 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

Why do they always put events up during PTS? I don't get it, you want the players to test out new stuff, yet you keep them on live servers with events that hand out free stuff? I'm not complaining. I love free stuff, I'm just questioning the logic behind the timing of this event.

#26 LAZERCHICKEN

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

what is the dud item?

#27 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Excellent, fresh new idea for an Event! Color+pattern = happy customers.

#28 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 29 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Why do they always put events up during PTS? I don't get it, you want the players to test out new stuff, yet you keep them on live servers with events that hand out free stuff? I'm not complaining. I love free stuff, I'm just questioning the logic behind the timing of this event.

My guess would be that they are hoping the event brings in folks that haven't been playing and they see that new stuff is on test and try it out while PGI has their attention.

#29 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

*** If you own a Clan wave 2 and 3 HERO pre-order you will receive 5 bonus Loot Bags per Hero 'Mech pre-ordered (up to 45 Loot Bags in total). ***

Um...what exactly is Clan Hero 3 pre-order? I only see Clan Hero 1 and Clan Hero 2...

#30 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

It's simple, not enough people playing, harsh game changes, etc. etc. I'm so bored with MWO I can't bring myself to play it even if they made an event which has a whole Civil War package as a reward. There is always some event going on here I even got bored of events lol. And now with new tech I would have to experiment and redo my 82 mechs AGAIN after the skill tree... My head starts to hurt when I think about it and I don't wanna even turn on the game at this point. Many others probably feel the same so PGI is giving out reallly nice awards to prevent the playerbase from leaving. If I wanna leave because the game became "same old thing over and over and over and over again" no free warhorns or colors will make me change my mind because the core is pretty much the same, mechanics, gameplay, maps (MAPS!) New tech doesn't sound very appealing because if I see another mech or hear the word loadout or meta in the next few years that'll be too soon. Oh and Faction Play RIP, that was the only interesting part and now it's just a shadow of what it was a few years ago. MWO needs to die and MW5 needs to have a brand new multiplayer based on this game.

#31 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 29 June 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Guys, they generally only do these bonus redeems for mechs that have been delivered already.

I can't think of a time they've done bonus redeems for mechs that haven't been delivered in-game yet.

New player or short memory ? Every loot bag event since I've been here 18 months now has had bonus bags for pre-order mech packs.

View PostKaptain, on 29 June 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

I like it! Would like to see rewards offered for Civil War Wave 1 mechs also.

Previous loot bag events had bonus pulls for the Wave 1 heroes and the Civil War mech packs.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Last year (2016) Lucky Charms loot bag was in March and had bonus bags for the kodiak and phoenix hawk pre-orders (which didn't deliver until April and June respectively as memory serves). The summer solstice event in 2016 had bonuses for cyclops, night gyr, viper and huntman pre-orders (which delivered august, sept, july and oct respectively).

The 2017 Lucky Charms event had bonuses for....

Bonus Loot Bag Opportunities!
  • If you own a Resistance Hero pre-order you will receive 5 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags per Hero 'Mech pre-ordered (up to 50 Loot Bags in total).
  • If you own any level of the Javelin pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags.
  • If you own any level of the Cougar pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags.
  • If you own any level of the Mad Cat MK II pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags.
  • If you own any level of the Uziel pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags.
  • If you own any level of the Annihilator pre-order pack you will automatically receive 25 bonus Lucky Charm Loot Bags.
  • A possible total of 175 Bonus Loot Bags!
The christmas 2016 stocking stuffer....

Receive Bonus Loot Stockings by owning any level of the following pre-order 'Mech packs:

#33 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 29 June 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Because they know only a couple hundred forum warriors ever use the PTS anyway... so the greater population of 30k+ others who don't even read the forums or even care to know there is a PTS running...will just be playing as normal.

#34 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:07 PM

View PostArcher Magnus, on 29 June 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

"Earn a Minimum match Score of 100 in qualified game mode and earn up to 30 loot Bag redeems every 3 days"

Is it one loot bag per match? If that is the case you would have to play 10 matches a day?

Yes. Or 30 in one day every three days or whatever combination you chose but you have to play 30 matches that score 100 match score every 3 days in order to max out the loot bags you can earn.

#35 Kaletti

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYurope

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

Very cool prizes and a nice and new way to organize an event.
I like the idea with individually chosen pattern + color!!
Thank you, PGI! Posted Image

Edited by Kaletti, 29 June 2017 - 10:21 PM.

#36 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 June 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

PGI!!!

You've stolen ISEN's colors and likeness for THE LAST TIME! Not only are those our colors on that mech, but that 4SP is a mech I am known to run and you even copied my camo!

I demand that PGI fight me in a HOLMGANG for stealing my colors, camo and honor! Meet me in deadly combat and earn back your misplaced valor!

If anyone doubts the veracity of my claims, here is a video that clearly shows my HBK-4SP that camo!

Edited by Mech The Dane, 29 June 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#37 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 29 June 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

PGI!!!

You've stolen ISEN's colors and likeness for THE LAST TIME! Not only are those our colors on that mech, but that 4SP is a mech I am known to run and you even copied my camo!

I demand that PGI fight me in a HOLMGANG for stealing my colors, camo and honor! Meet me in deadly combat and earn back your misplaced valor!

Dane be all like,

Posted Image

#38 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:28 PM

Great event!

I have no interest in gambleboxes but "Pick a Prize" is a great Idea.
Just can't await to get patterns and colors!
But I need a clarification at this point:

• Earn a Minimum match Score of 100 in qualified game mode and earn up to 30 loot Bag redeems every 3 days

100 Point-match = loot bag? Or do every subsequent 100 points count as a lootbag? So a match with 700 points = 7 bags? If my second guess is true:
Happy Hunting! I'll go for two patterns! Will be exiting time!
But if its the first... this would mean 150 games in 15 days... Well, lets asume one match lasts 15 minutes, including mechselection, waiting for "longtime connectors" and time in queue. This sums up to 37 hours and 30 minutes For 150 matches. Or Two and a Half hours a day in MWO... Well in This case, I'm out.

#39 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

Picking your own prizes is a great idea, something I've been missing since the last year's faction play events when you could choose a mech as your reward. And colors and patterns are exactly the kind of thing I would never pay real money for, but would really enjoy earning as a prize :) 10 matches a day is a tad too strenuous, though. But I will probably give it a try, since I don't have anything else to play until The Fall of Oriath is released somewhere in August...

#40 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

Good idea for the event, but it have a two flaws:

a ) First Civil War pack isn't included, which is bad;
b ) The event should be extended for all players who are in PTS, testing the new toys... Posted Image

Edited by ManganMan, 29 June 2017 - 11:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users