4 replies to this topic

#1 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

I tried putting Stealth armor on my SDR-5D only to get repeated slot violation issues.

I finaly figured out that it did not let me put anything (jumpjets) in the legs if I had stealth armor, but then I discovered despite apparently having 13 free free slots the Mech only showed 3 empty slots (1 in each arm and 1 in head) and the endo slots were fixed, as in I could not use those 3 slots for the 2 extra Jumpjets I wanted to spend my last ton on.

has anyone else hit these sort of issues with Stealth armor?

I am not worried about it requiring 2 slots in each arm, leg and side torso, but the slot count seems like an issue with the GUI and the "fixed structure slots" for Endo if you have less than 4 free slots (remove a weapon and they become dynamic slots again but if I put something there when I try to save I get a slot violation message) is a significant annoyance.

above all else I want to know if this is an undocumented and intended feature (like the ATM minimum range) or if it is a bug.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 30 June 2017 - 06:33 AM.

#2 Durnaxe

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:39 AM

I have not encountered that.

I tend to start with Engine first, stealth next, and endo last before putting equipment on.

Also Stealth armor HAS to go in the arms, side torsos, and legs. That's the rules of TT that pgi wished to follow.

#3 Orkimedes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:14 AM

I have a similar issue. Whenever I have stealth armour equipped, the slots for endo-steel toggle without clear pattern between dynamic and not-dynamic armour slots, with bizarre results. You can work around it by removing equipment and then re-adding it in a different order, but it's hugely annoying.

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostDurnaxe, on 30 June 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Also Stealth armor HAS to go in the arms, side torsos, and legs. That's the rules of TT that pgi wished to follow.

Thanks for the answer Durnaxe, I apreciate knowing about the fixed slots for stealth armor.

The Endo becoming fixed is the main issue, and it could well be something unique to the SDR-5D as I do not think any other ECM Mech can take 8 jumpjets (although this bug limits me to 5 if I want to use all 3 weapon hardpoints, endo, an XL engine and stealth armor).

It would not concern me if Endo became fixed as soon as I added stealth armor it is that it only happens if you have 3 or less slots left that is the iritation, and the "used slots" display on Mech details is a very minor source of confusion, basicly I made this post to see if it was just me, (Orkimedes has confirmed it is not) and to give PGI the information (assuming it is not a deliberate feature).

I could understand if this was a direct and planned nerf to the Spider as no other Mech has ECM and 148 KPH with Jumpjets, add in Stealth armor even with the limited weapon loadout (only 3 E hardpoints, one of which is in the CT) the 5D could potentialy turn out to be overpowered.

#5 Orkimedes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

On other mechs it can mess with weapon/heat sink placement. first encountered on Pirate's Bane, confirmed to also effect other mechs using whichever cataphract is the ECM one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users