How About Some Feedback On Our Feedback?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

The weekend is fast approaching and lets assume test is going to be up when more people are playing so things can be tested.

Wouldn't it be amazing if the folks in charge of balancing were to make a thread showing us the general trends of what they are thinking about the different weapons based on our feedback.

Even better... they tell us where we should focus our testing efforts on different items they aren't sure about which way to go.

I mean, we have this forum and everything, too bad it can't be put to use as a two way communication for testing and stuff.

#2 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

Wait, you're waiting for PGI to use their own forum to communicate with their customers? Are you crazy?

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

Sadly PGI seams to have a policy in place that forbids employes to answere in the forums. I know that isn't true, from time to time there is one but its so rarely that you should mark it in your calender.

What they definitly do is reading the forums...something I feelt they wheren't doing before the Skilltree PTS.

Still I agree it would be nice to hear from them...even if its just a "OK we read your postes and took notes about XYZ you would like to change. We will look into it"
Instead you have to remember all forum posts and then listen to Townhall or read their news to find out that they actualy read the forums and reacted to it.

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,856 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

They're going to respond by having a meeting after reading a week's worth of posts. Seriously. They can't just jump in before the playtest has gone very far, or it wouldn't be much of a playtest.

And don't worry Ruar, you yourself have posted enough that they're bound to have heard you. Posted Image

#5 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

The feedback to the feedback will arrive on July 18th.

#6 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Would be great if they could tune values before the weekend.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,856 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 30 June 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Would be great if they could tune values before the weekend.

It's a holiday weekend for both Canada and the U.S. I wouldn't expect anything before next week, and there might be a greater number of people playing on Monday/Tuesday, so that's data they'll want to collect.

#8 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 30 June 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

It's a holiday weekend for both Canada and the U.S. I wouldn't expect anything before next week, and there might be a greater number of people playing on Monday/Tuesday, so that's data they'll want to collect.

Do they have enough data on Light PPCs? Should we be looking more at Light Gauss and using it even though they aren't really worth using? Are people using the Light Ferro sufficiently?

I don't expect to get hard answers like "we are planning on changing XYZ" but something to let us know where they have enough feedback and where they need more people testing.

Heck, the fact they don't have official threads for each weapon system to consolidate the feedback is curious.

And don't worry Ruar, you yourself have posted enough that they're bound to have heard you.

I'm a player and I type a lot.

Yeah, I enjoy theorycrafting and discussion. I actually spend more time on the forums than I do In game lately. Things haven't been the same for me since the ST release. I'm just trying to stay constructive and not rant.

Edited by Ruar, 30 June 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

They are currently on Twitch with Chris talking about the new patch for the PTS. Get on there if you want to ask questions directly.

#10 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 June 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

They are currently on Twitch with Chris talking about the new patch for the PTS. Get on there if you want to ask questions directly.

I don't like Twitch or Twitter or other things like that. They have an official forum, they should use their official forum.

#11 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostRuar, on 30 June 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I don't like Twitch or Twitter or other things like that. They have an official forum, they should use their official forum.

Chris posted in the thread I started about him being on NGNG discussing the patch. He said he is poking people to get the Patch notes posted. There is your feedback to our feedback. Changes have been made based on our input and some of them feel good.

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

While I would like to see him here actively discussing things I am happy that he went on in NGNGs podcast to answere things live.
Its an improvement over past times and I hope this will improve in the future. So thanks to Chris for taking his time.

#13 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostRampage, on 30 June 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Chris posted in the thread I started about him being on NGNG discussing the patch. He said he is poking people to get the Patch notes posted. There is your feedback to our feedback. Changes have been made based on our input and some of them feel good.

Yep, and I was surprised and happy about it. I just hope he keeps it up. I also was the first post after him saying thank you. I try to recognize the good as well as point out the bad. Chris is doing more good than any of the rest who make decisions and it gives me hope for the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users