Chris On Ngng Explaining What Was Changed In Patch Today.

32 replies to this topic

#1 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

Heavy laser duration decreased.

IS UAC ammo fixed.

RAC velocity increase and lower spool up a little

ATM minimum range changed to 120m

Rocket launchers have GH of 1 for 15 and 20 or 2 for 10.

Other changes.....

Patch notes should be coming soon.

Chris is still on answering questions.

Edited by Rampage, 30 June 2017 - 12:45 PM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

Sounds like a good start.

#3 Drunk Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 572 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

Huzzah for them listening to some good feedback, I am booting up to try out the new changes as we speak.

#4 WhyHelloDer

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Still not enough I feel. LPPCS need a ghost heat boost. LGauss need cooldown and/or damage boosts. RACs need a Jam Bar cooldown buff that makes them shorter than the Jam Duration or else theres still no point in managing the bar. Even then they might still need a dps boost.

#5 Longshotcanada

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

the atm min range is still silly drop the max range to 900 and just get rid of the dumb min range your making a weapon that does more damage the closer it gets to you drop to Zero! if you need i can brake down the math of how under powered per ton they are compared to c-lrms and c-srms

not that your added a ton of mech wrecking heavy weapons that are 0 - 150 m range so now the only reason to take atms is to die quicker from heavy gauss and heavy lasers and rotery cannons .

p.s. the atm ammo amount per ton and the extra wieght the weapon has and the extra heat still makes it a use-less weapon compared to the I S stuff or hell to anything old.

p.s. when are you going to fix the laser ams the heat it generates is epic like chain firing a ppc. and with the fact that you dont disapate heat when your firing a weapon means the laser ams will over heat you every time all you have to do is be under fire from say 4 larm 5's and your dead in over heat

#6 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Link to the twitch stream?

#7 Deathpig

• PipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

They need to change the crit spaces of LB20x and HGR, or they need crit sharing. This is a clear case of adherence to TT stats without the TT rules to mitigate the effect.

It's glaringly obvious. Fix please.

(I don't even play IS, but it's stupid to have toys you can't play with)

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:19 PM

Hope the changelist comes soon, Twitch is acting up every now and then...

#9 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postkapusta11, on 30 June 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

Link to the twitch stream?

Google for " ngng twitch" brings up the channel. It's what I do. Think it's called ngngtv (On phone or would direct link)

Edited by Monkey Lover, 30 June 2017 - 01:30 PM.

#10 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hopefully Light Gauss ammo gets increased with Magazine Capacity?

#11 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:33 PM

120m is better than 180m but still silly when they're not adjusting HGR or LBX20 for game mechanics.

#12 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:39 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/ngngtv

#13 Nomad One

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:46 PM

ATM minimum range reduction by itself isn't enough. It needs to be dynamic like with clan LRM systems, not this literal wall that turns helluva expensive missiles into worthless confetti after crossing a magical 1 meter barrier.

Heavy Laser duration reductions won't be enough to make them worthwhile, not unless their durations are effectively the same as IS standard lasers.

#14 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

View PostWhyHelloDer, on 30 June 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Still not enough I feel. LPPCS need a ghost heat boost. LGauss need cooldown and/or damage boosts. RACs need a Jam Bar cooldown buff that makes them shorter than the Jam Duration or else theres still no point in managing the bar. Even then they might still need a dps boost.

Chris just said that the GH for the LPPC is not final and is being looked at. He also expalined what some of the considerations are with them vs regular PPCs. If I had to guess, I think it will end up being 3.

View PostLongshotcanada, on 30 June 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

the atm min range is still silly drop the max range to 900 and just get rid of the dumb min range your making a weapon that does more damage the closer it gets to you drop to Zero! if you need i can brake down the math of how under powered per ton they are compared to c-lrms and c-srms

not that your added a ton of mech wrecking heavy weapons that are 0 - 150 m range so now the only reason to take atms is to die quicker from heavy gauss and heavy lasers and rotery cannons .

p.s. the atm ammo amount per ton and the extra wieght the weapon has and the extra heat still makes it a use-less weapon compared to the I S stuff or hell to anything old.

p.s. when are you going to fix the laser ams the heat it generates is epic like chain firing a ppc. and with the fact that you dont disapate heat when your firing a weapon means the laser ams will over heat you every time all you have to do is be under fire from say 4 larm 5's and your dead in over heat

Based on what Chris is saying, I would not bet on the minimum range of ATMs going away. We might be able to convince them to lower it to 80m but he sounded set on there being one.

They were talking about LAMS too but I missed out on whether the heat was a major concern with them.

#15 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:49 PM

Well it's good to see they're really making use of the PTS. Implementing incremental changes is the best way to do things.

#16 albinogryphon

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:51 PM

Looks like LightPPC's don't get ghost heat for 3 or less now.

Light Gauss now has 3.75 CD (might have been previous, don't recall).

LaserAMS heat dropped to 3.5.

Still looking at things.

Heavy PPC now does 13 damage.

Again, not sure if this was the case before but the HeavyPPC no longer has a hard deadzone to 90m, but rather exponential damage reduction like clan LRM's.

Edited by albinogryphon, 30 June 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#17 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hey guys,

Apologies that I'm only doing it on stream right now. Poking to try and get a change list to you guys ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

#18 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 30 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Hey guys,

Apologies that I'm only doing it on stream right now. Poking to try and get a change list to you guys ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you

#19 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Chris

Quick question though Chris, was the HPPC or LBX20/HGauss Changed at all this Update?

#20 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Tarogato made a list of changes:
https://docs.google....t#gid=187689285

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users