Ui - Mech Icons

3 replies to this topic

#1 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:49 PM

- After reinstall game on new system (hardware change) I found some strange thing. All mech icon in Mech bay was in base color and pattern state. To make them as they was, I need go into each mech "camo spec", change color, accept changes and change it back, to make game create new mech icon in UI folder. When you have few mech, it easy to do. When you have over 100, it become a problem.

It is possible to add some button in setting like - "refresh UI mech icon" or "create them from mech" or something like that? Because I, maybe like all others, have some visual orienteer besides mech name when construct "drop deck" or choose mech for QP.

So... MWO need something what automatically make snapshots of mech icons in UI when user install game on new PC, system or reinstall after some data loss.

#2 tauSentry

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Jade Falcon
  • Hero of Jade Falcon
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

Relevant...

Issue Tracker #095: Add button to refresh all 'Mech portraits

Wiki: How To Upvote An Issue

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Community's MWO Issue Tracker tracks many Issues that you can vote on for PGI to address.
This is the community's way of tracking the progress of bugs and feature requests in MWO.

Recently Fixed: Issue #016: Allow group-leader to assign another leader

Popular: Issue #002: Display kill-count in all game modes

See Also...
- Wiki: How To Submit A New Issue
- MWO Issue Tracker is a Pinned Post on /r/OutreachHPG (see PanzerMagier's comment too)
- MWO Issue Tracker listed under Resources at /r/mwo

#3 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

- Seems I found solution of that problem.
When you reinstall game and before you loose all files copy content of that folder:
C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\UI\MechIcons
All files you found there.
And store them on other disk or memory-stick.
After you install game, put them back in same location as they was before starting the game.
And - wow! You get all mech icons back as they was...
No need to check all of them and bring back.

#4 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

- Same work with PTS client also. SO you can get mech icons there by same method.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users