New Pts Changes As Of 1 Pm Pdt Friday, June 30Th

147 replies to this topic

#141 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 01 July 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Has there been an official clarification on this anywhere?

View PostChris Lowrey, on 04 July 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

There is no typo or missing words in this sentence. We have [alerted] everyone to an error that will be fixed in final release, and the currently intended values account for this error.

We want you guys to take Artemis [on MRMs] for now to gain overall impressions. I explained this elsewhere as to why we would rather have you guys take it then not take it:
[...]

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 05 July 2017 - 04:36 AM.

#142 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

So basically: Use artemis now to get the feel, but ultimately you will not need Artemis for the this effect. I think this also means that you will not be able to gain any benefit from artemis in the final release of MRMs

#143 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Are any of the existing mechs going to get any specific retrospective quirks to reflect these weapons or are they going to be purely limited to the advanced timeline mechs (which would make sense OFC).

It just seems a shame that these could only be fitted to historic mechs with generic Missile, Energy or Ballistic quirks to get any benefit.

#144 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:11 AM

View Postmad kat, on 05 July 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Are any of the existing mechs going to get any specific retrospective quirks to reflect these weapons or are they going to be purely limited to the advanced timeline mechs (which would make sense OFC).

It just seems a shame that these could only be fitted to historic mechs with generic Missile, Energy or Ballistic quirks to get any benefit.

Good points.
I would expect that the existing quirks would be changed to include other weapons.
But we also have quirks such as AC5 and UAC5 which are not merged, so it might not be the case.

What could work for a start:
LRM -> also include MRM
AC or UAC -> also include UAC and RAC
cERLaser or cPulse -> also include cHeavyLaser
cLRM or cSRM -> also include cATMs

#145 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:19 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 04 July 2017 - 04:12 AM, said:

I already was running a dual H-gauss Sleipnir yesterday, and I am looking forward to my Annihilator doing it better :D It's a fun weapon for sure... HGauss is my most anticipated thing in the game, haha. And I bought my Annihilator just so I can play Fafnir with it n.n Right now, only Sleipnir, and the Mauler can run dual HGauss in the entire game, and it's basically all they can run, without chopping the engine way down. (theoretically, you could put two on a Widowmaker as well, but you'd be slow and made of paper...)

I use my Highlander IIC as a mid-range hammer... In the past, I've rolled with 3LRM15 and a UAC10 (and TAG), and it's super effective around 400 meters. The UAC shreds a specific component and the LRMs tear into it remarkably quickly... In the PTS, I replaced the LRMs with 3 ATM9s.... And mechs melted before me in that same sweet spot... It's terrifying how devastating a weapon they are at 3-400 meters. The minimum range is a chore to work around to be sure, but what they do they do amazingly well...

Actually, I got curious about the Widowmaker, and since MC is free in the PTS, towards the end there I built and ran a dual H-Gauss Widowmaker.... It actually works reasonably well :3

With endo, Light Ferro, and I forget which engine, but I was running about 60kph, stripping all armor off the arms, and 15pts off per leg, you can fit twin H Gauss,and with both magazine skill nodes, you can cram 31 shots in. Which, if you can avoid missing, and hit every time within optimum range, is a whopping 750~ damage. Not too shabby, really. You also have to step down to single heatsinks because you'll need one external heatsink, and the two extra crits for the double heatsink are too much. But, heat isn't a problem for a gauss build.

It actually works fairly well, and is kinda fun. It's not competitive in the slightest, and there are way more effective things you could do with a Widowmaker... But it's perfectly usable, and it'll make your opponent wet their pants when they see your loadout under target lock. :P

But that is the bleeding edge limit on dual gauss... You'd never fit them on a K2 and still have any armor, or move more than 30kph, or enough ammo to be viable.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 06 July 2017 - 04:23 AM.

#146 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:26 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 06 July 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Actually, I got curious about the Widowmaker, and since MC is free in the PTS, towards the end there I built and ran a dual H-Gauss Widowmaker.... It actually works reasonably well :3

With endo, Light Ferro, and I forget which engine, but I was running about 60kph, stripping all armor off the arms, and 15pts off per leg, you can fit twin H Gauss,and with both magazine skill nodes, you can cram 31 shots in. Which, if you can avoid missing, and hit every time within optimum range, is a whopping 750~ damage. Not too shabby, really. You also have to step down to single heatsinks because you'll need one external heatsink, and the two extra crits for the double heatsink are too much. But, heat isn't a problem for a gauss build.

It actually works fairly well, and is kinda fun. It's not competitive in the slightest, and there are way more effective things you could do with a Widowmaker... But it's perfectly usable, and it'll make your opponent wet their pants when they see your loadout under target lock. Posted Image

But that is the bleeding edge limit on dual gauss... You'd never fit them on a K2 and still have any armor, or move more than 30kph, or enough ammo to be viable.

Interesting.
I would probably try HGauss + 2x SNPPC and 2x ML and some DHS without LFFarmor, just to have more backup available and can use the Heatsinks (Dual Gauss is too cool without any energy weapons).

But on my Marauder for example, I was running 2x ERPPC, 2x ML, 1x LGauss with LFE300 or XL300 or something (cant remember).

#147 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Has PGI said anything about giving everyone a free Skill Tree "reset" when the new tech goes live?

#148 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 06 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

Interesting.
I would probably try HGauss + 2x SNPPC and 2x ML and some DHS without LFFarmor, just to have more backup available and can use the Heatsinks (Dual Gauss is too cool without any energy weapons).

But on my Marauder for example, I was running 2x ERPPC, 2x ML, 1x LGauss with LFE300 or XL300 or something (cant remember).

Oh, there are absolutely better builds for the Widowmaker than 2 HGauss... I was just curious if it could be done, and be decent, and what sort of compromises would be required to do it... and it can, and it is! haha. It's a fun little surprise for anyone who locks onto me... Like my AC/20 Raven

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 07 July 2017 - 06:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users