Mrm + Artemis Missile Spread Should Go Live, Don't Fix It.

6 replies to this topic

#1 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:20 AM

I mean, fix the bug but reduce MRM spread by the same amount. With 400m/s speed, stream fire mechanic and no tracking as you shoot it's hard enough to hit anything that's not moving as it is.

I've tested MRM100 Cyclops and it's no better than laser vomit Battlemaster, actually it's still much worse by comparison. And it's not even close to what Mauler can do now, so why fix it?

#2 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

Just for clearification. If I have Artemis enabled in MechLab, MRMs, ATMS and RL get the bonus?

Because the note is a bit confusing.
They say its an error that MRMs get the bonus while saying: "It is advised that anyone wishing to test the new Missile weapon systems on PTS to take the Artemis Guidance Mech upgrade to test currently intended spread test values."

To me that sound like I should take the Artemis so the MRM spread is correct to what they want it to be. At the same time its an error???

Does that mean the MRM shouldn't be effected by Artemis BUT should have a reduced spread that is similar to what the Artemis reduction is ?!?!

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 01 July 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

I mean, fix the bug but reduce MRM spread by the same amount. With 400m/s speed, stream fire mechanic and no tracking as you shoot it's hard enough to hit anything that's not moving as it is.

I've tested MRM100 Cyclops and it's no better than laser vomit Battlemaster, actually it's still much worse by comparison. And it's not even close to what Mauler can do now, so why fix it?

The spread with Artemis enabled is the spread that they're testing.

I asked Chris this directly on twitter; because Artemis was impacting MRM's (and ATM's, and RL's) they adjusted the stats so the Artemis modified stats are the desired stats.

Edited by Wintersdark, 01 July 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#4 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

Yes take artemis to see what mrm spread SHOULD be like with no artemis in live.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:05 AM

Okay that is very importend to know, because I thought "man the MRM spread is terrible".

Now I know why. Maybe theey should have made this more clear by just saying "Use MRMs with Artemis to get the intendet result" and not mention an error.

Edited by Nesutizale, 01 July 2017 - 04:06 AM.

#6 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Well, that's confusing. Couldn't they just reduce MRM spread and say: "Don't use artemis with MRMs"?

Instead it's "There's a bug with Artemis and MRMs, it affects MRM spread despite the fact that it shoudln't but if you want to test real MRM missile spread use Artemis".

Edited by kapusta11, 01 July 2017 - 04:12 AM.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

Hopefully they fix it with the next patch.

My guess would be that the code for Artemis is simply "if there is a missile system installed on the mech give it a reduced spread"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users