Pts Download Size - 17Gb?! Am I Doing It Wrong?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:50 AM

Greetings.
So I tried to install PTS, then patch download starts and download size is 17+ gb. Is it for real, or I'm doing something wrong, like trying to reinstall the whole MWO all over again?

If it might be an issue, I installed MWO a long time ago from my user account, and it worked fine. MWO Portal required admin permissions, so I installed it from admin account, and it worked fine from my user account (from which i installed MWO in the first place), but from admin account I couldn't launch the game, because it didn't see already installed game and asked for 17 gb download.

Still, PTS asks for 17 gb download no matter, from what account I try to install it. Is it normal?

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:56 AM

PTS is the full installation again.
I think I made a topic about PGI figuring out a way that we only need the "new" files but I think this might be a deeper problem with where are what datas stored and so on. CIG took it quite a long time to figure out how to archive files in a way that the downloads get smaller.
So sadly if you hadn't installed the PTS for the Skilltree the new PTS download will be quite big.

#3 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

It's a bit weird, to have separate 20gb game just to play with different weapons stats. But thanks, that solves it.

By the way, is there any way I can direct the portal/patcher to game location, so I don't have to reinstall MWO second time when i try to launch it from admin account?

#4 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:21 AM

Sorry I don't quite get what you mean. If you have MWO and PTS installed via the Portal you can select what you want to start and I think when installing you select where you want the installation to be saved.
Also the 3bars in the Portal give you an option to select where TMP files should be saved.

As for Admin rights and stuff...I don't have any knowledge about that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users