2 Heavy Large 2 Heavy Meds Vs 2 Lrg Pulse 6 Er Med

9 replies to this topic

#1 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

well ive tried on my timber to get 2 heavy large and 4 heavy meds ... 1 alpha and heat goes 70% and... well cooldown is **** u fire 3 times u blow up
well if were getting heavy lasers our double heat sinks should be on par with the heat... meaning lore clan double heatsinks ... unnerfed
honestly no combo of heavy large and heavy med is viable... ive tried all combinations and even 2 heavy large and 6 er mediums... on 30 heatsinks assault mech is ... really bad
we need less heat and less duration and less cooldown on these heavy lasers or they are good laser setup vs lrg pulse er medium or er large and er medium setups....
honestly heavy lasers are really bad ...
atms... horrible.... ive tried 4 atm 12 ... super nova ... just for the fun and it doesnt do crap... i mean a streak dog does **** more... or lrm dog...
new clan tech needs improvements

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

I did top damage and kills with a hunch2c with 6erm 2heavy. You are correct it does pop you up to 70% heat but what does it matter? I'm not shutting down. It can ct core most mechs from 500m. You jump out and fire , jump back and cool down.

Being pushed? Alpha them cool shot then fire your 6 mediums. Time they get you to 100% couldn't #2 is ready. Little medium mech can take down assaults or brawl without much issue.

these high alpha builds will be everywhere soon.

#3 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

sorry monkey its not viable... to much heat to much burn time and ... the very long cooldown... 2 lrg pulse 6 medium still better or 2 er large 6 mediums...

#4 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostADI84000, on 01 July 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

sorry monkey its not viable... to much heat to much burn time and ... the very long cooldown... 2 lrg pulse 6 medium still better or 2 er large 6 mediums...

These builds were used often when the Er laser before bring buffed. It had about the same duration. High tier players will be using these high alpha builds.

What will not be used is only two heavy lasers. Little to no reason too, just bring a mech with 6 erm.

If you really wanted to buff heavy you could do this but you would have to add them into the erm ghost heat bracket.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 01 July 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#5 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

and then you had 6 mplas hbk 2c.

Less duration, marginal dmg gain, range loss negligible and it runs very cool.
Give me 1 reason to swap to mix of heavies and meds on that.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2017 - 09:08 AM.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2017 - 09:03 AM, said:

and then you had 6 mplas hbk 2c.

Less duration, range loss negligible and it runs very cool.
Give me 1 reason to swap to heavies on that.

Same reason IS has hard time using medium lasers. It's right at the 300 mark . Most battles run over this or they brawl. If you're within 300m you should just go srm brawl and push the other team.
Pug Q could be different of course might work fine as no one works as a team.

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostADI84000, on 01 July 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

well ive tried on my timber to get 2 heavy large and 4 heavy meds ... 1 alpha and heat goes 70% and... well cooldown is **** u fire 3 times u blow up
well if were getting heavy lasers our double heat sinks should be on par with the heat... meaning lore clan double heatsinks ... unnerfed
honestly no combo of heavy large and heavy med is viable... ive tried all combinations and even 2 heavy large and 6 er mediums... on 30 heatsinks assault mech is ... really bad
we need less heat and less duration and less cooldown on these heavy lasers or they are good laser setup vs lrg pulse er medium or er large and er medium setups....
honestly heavy lasers are really bad ...
atms... horrible.... ive tried 4 atm 12 ... super nova ... just for the fun and it doesnt do crap... i mean a streak dog does **** more... or lrm dog...
new clan tech needs improvements

Personally I am on the fence about Heavy Lasers. On one side I kind of feel the same way you do, they just seem too hot, have too long of beam duration and cooldown way too slow plus take up too many critical slots, which ironically usually decreases your ability to take DHS to counter the heat.

On the other hand, I have a Linebacker Redline build that is mounting 1 Heavy Large Laser and 6 Heavy Medium Lasers. On the surface this might appear to be too hot but with good heat management skills it really isn't. This is potentially at 72 Alpha strike on a mech not known for its firepower. I mean sure it will spike me to 70% heat if I alpha but I have my weapons on 4 groups that I cycle through, 1 HLL, 2 HML, 2 HML, 2 HML. This allows me to have at least one to two groups off cooldown and ready to fire pretty much all the time so I am cycling 16-20 points of damage every second or so and can sustain this for quite some time before having to go run off and cool. With this, I have been pumping out 600 damage in a 4-man group which makes me wonder how much I might be able to pull off in a target rich environment as we have on the live server.

I am also running a Gargoyle with 7 x HML which is a nice 70 alpha and ironically I got it running fairly cool with them which actually made the Gargoyle feel like it was a good, effect assault mech for once.

So I am on a three way Fence right now. Part of me thinks they are in a good place and just requires some trade offs and different play styles to get the most out of, part of me feels they are junk and useless and to be honest part of me thinks they are both at the same time simply because they don't seem to work as well as traditional builds for quite alot of the mechs I have tried them on.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 01 July 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#8 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 01 July 2017 - 09:09 AM, said:

Same reason IS has hard time using medium lasers. It's right at the 300 mark . Most battles run over this or they brawl. If you're within 300m you should just go srm brawl and push the other team.
Pug Q could be different of course might work fine as no one works as a team.

But what exactly can i get on that brawl mech.

hbk 2c b
4 missile 2e hardpoints.

i can put 48 dmg worth of srms and put 2 med pulses on it.
that will give me maybe 36 dmg to ct, with worse ability to deal with lights.

while 6 pulses is 45 dmg which at 0.9s i can fairly reliably deliver to ct.

+ pulses have 330m base which is pretty decent range to poke is mechs at.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#9 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

yea u fire 2 hvm 2 hvm 2 hvm but the face time ... is .... to loooooong

#10 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

But what exactly can i get on that brawl mech.

hbk 2c b
4 missile 2e hardpoints.

i can put 48 dmg worth of srms and put 2 med pulses on it.
that will give me maybe 36 dmg to ct, with worse ability to deal with lights.

while 6 pulses is 45 dmg which at 0.9s i can fairly reliably deliver to ct.

+ pulses have 330m base which is pretty decent range to poke is mechs at.

Common brawl build in the comp fights for this mech is the 4 srm6 with art. Then two lasers of some kind. In a brawl youre fighting with your team none stop until one side is dead. Mpl, can't keep up with this. 8 Small pulse was used a lot too up until the nerf I'm not sure about them now.

I'm not telling you what to use, people play diffent. The games I do with a mid/low(comp/group q ) Level unit fights , 300 meters is a dead zone.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 01 July 2017 - 10:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users