1 reply to this topic

#1 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

After quite a few hours on PTS:

Heavy PPC, should not have splash damage, not with so many other better choices. Make this 15 points of pinpoint damage, then people will try to fit it on, in it's current form, it just isn't worth the fitting hassle

Light PPC, 5 damage 5 heat make this a poor choice of a weapon, would like to see 4.5 heat or more likely 3 second cooldown

Snub-nose PPC- quite a bit of heat for a brawling weapon. If we're keeping the heat this high, it should have a bit more range (like 360), but would rather see heat dropped to 9 and cool down dropped to 3.5

ER Lasers - I really like these, especially the 2x range - they improve almost every IS build. Yes they are hot, but that gives us a choice now - want cooler lasers, use standard, if you're ok with heat - use the ER's

MG's - Ok they are good, sure some would like more range on the heavies, but that would make them OP, this is a lot better place for MG's

LBX Autocannons - you should give the LBX AC's the same treatment you gave to LBx10, they need to be smaller than regular AC's The IS always has the option of front loaded damage with AC's, nobody would choose the LBx when they have the same cooldown as AC's, spread damage and take more slots. Yes they have less heat, but that's not going to sway anyone. Keep the size and lower the cooldown, or drop the size.

Rotary AC's - I wish I could put a 2 and 5 together, 2x5's are fine, 2x2's could use a bump in damage increase. The negatives (staring down the enemy, long jam time, inability to snap off a shot) actually balance them. I don't see myself using them over UAC's very often, but possibly a few builds. As others have said, putting the jam bar in the right hand corner is bad - I don't need to look away from the target.

UAC's - Very good, love the less shots - now can we just remove jam quirks and make the UAC jam chance 10% across all UAC's (IS and Clan). with so many structure buffs, a 5% bump in DPS won't hurt.

Rocket Launchers - actually very nice - fire and forget, damage needs to be high since one shot, so don't lower the damage or won't be worth the slots. Unless we could get inferno rounds for single shot launchers, then damage could be lower but still useful.

MRM's - absolutely one of my favorite weapons. I would like to see a bit tighter spread on the 10's and 20's, but the 30's and 40's are fine - improves so many builds.

Streaks - nothing much to say - they work like clan streaks, which I rarely use. So they aren't really on my radar.

LFE's - absolutely will be the best addition to the game. So many mechs just got so much better, combining LFE's with light ferro exceeds standard and endo, saving weight and space. Add in the ability to increase damage with new weapons. Penalty for losing a side torso should not be as great as clans.

Stealth armor, seems a bit OP, but time will tell. I wish your teammates could still see your IFF - I didn't like this feature when ECM first came out.

IS targeting computers - really didn't test them too much, but was nice to throw on one and see projectile speed increase.

Laser AMS didn't test, rarely use AMS as cover works better.

Clan MGs - see above

Clan Heavy lasers - really not a fan of the longer burn times - you're already giving up range AND handling double heat AND longer cool downs - the longer burn time just means they will be very niche weapons. Was hoping to use them on hard point starved mechs (like shadow cat), but standing in the open long enough to place all that damage on the enemy is a death sentence. Oh Well.

ATM's are hot garbage, I don't see using them on ANY mech at all. Minimum range kills light mech use (as slow clan lights can't control range), and SRM's are just so much better for brawling, and AMS can destroy an entire volley - no need to even put them on the live server.

As I said earlier, I noticed problems equipping weapons on the Heavy Metal and the Atlas that didn't appear in my weapon groups.

Oops, forgot my Gauss thoughts:

Heavy Gauss - Seriously? Weapon recoil? That's your balance mechanism - like I can't just discharge my other weapons while the HGauss is charging? Seems like an unnecessary mechanism

Light Gauss - Bad, just plain bad. Optimal range should be 1200, max 2400. Speed 3000. I'm fine with the charging and the cooldown, but in this state the weapon really doesn't bring anything to the table...

Edited by J0anna, 01 July 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Well-stated, though some disagreement on the Heavy Lasers. I find them to be quite useful outside of the Small one. Even on my SHC. I can run a pair of HLL and cERML together for a solid 39-poke out at ~450 meters with good heat efficiency, high mounts, jump jets, a fast engine, and MASC. It's got better range than the BJ-1X which it is roughly analogous to. Damage per second of burn on Heavy lasers is quite good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users