13 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:32 AM

HGR need to have instant shoot because it's mostly brawling weapon.

#2 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 01 July 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Disagree. I would like to see its optimal range increased to at-least 270 and slots reduced to 10. This would make it more effective in a risky brawl and allow the use of a LFE for more speed or ammo.

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 01 July 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

Disagree,

View PostKaptain, on 01 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Disagree. I would like to see its optimal range increased to at-least 270 and slots reduced to 10. This would make it more effective in a risky brawl and allow the use of a LFE for more speed or ammo.

Agreed, although i think it should be tested with being 10Crits, before any increase in range,

#4 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Let its range be increased to 270 but keep the 11 slots. Add crit sharing just for it and LB20X so that victors, king crabs etc. can use them.

#5 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Devs need to ask themselves if they want it to be a niche weapon. Or if they want it to be something that people can use across more than just mechs with enough tonnage for the weapon, it's ammo, and a standard engine.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

Id be okay with increasing its optimum range from 180m to 270m but also decreasing its max range from 810m to 720m.

If you increase the optimum range you kindve have to decrease the maximum range too or it will start to do more damage than its supposed to at longer ranges.

It probably needs to go down to 10 crits and lose the stupid reticle shake too.

Edited by Khobai, 01 July 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#7 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

Gauss will never be good at brawl.

At brawl youll get shot alot and you want to put 11 slots, delicate weapon which will create a nice explosion as soon as anything hits unarmored torso?

Go on compromise.
Instead of using long range like every other weapon in game as optimal range use medium range(390m) as optimal and put max range at double the long (1200m).
But thats reflection of its tt role. Devastating up close, strong direct fire at medium range and slightly worse sniper weapon than gauss.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2017 - 06:50 PM.

#8 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:14 PM

I think they should raise the optimal Range to 220-270 Meters and reduce the maximal Range marginaly.

I wouldn´t reduce the Slot requirements, but instead allow for Splitting between Arms/sidetorso or sidetorso/Center for HGR and LBX20.

Also

View PostKhobai, on 01 July 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Id be okay with increasing its optimum range from 180m to 270m but also decreasing its max range from 810m to 720m.

If you increase the optimum range you kindve have to decrease the maximum range too or it will start to do more damage than its supposed to at longer ranges.

It probably needs to go down to 10 crits and lose the stupid reticle shake too.

Please don´t! The Reticle shake is what makes the Heavy gauss so damn satisfying to use, this Feeling of throwing a ton of Nickel down the road!

#9 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostVladosteron, on 01 July 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I think they should raise the optimal Range to 220-270 Meters and reduce the maximal Range marginaly.

I wouldn´t reduce the Slot requirements, but instead allow for Splitting between Arms/sidetorso or sidetorso/Center for HGR and LBX20.

i still feel its more reasonable to ask for the Crits to be reduced,
then to ask for a Proper Crit Splitting System, as the Difficulty Programing such,

also reducing Crits to 10 gives Players another Choice to make,
take a Heavy Gauss with LFE and Risk losing your Mech if the Heavy Gauss Goes nuclear,
or take a STD engine and throw in a Case to save your CT just encase Total Atomic Annihilation,

#10 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:27 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 01 July 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

then to ask for a Proper Crit Splitting System, as the Difficulty Programing such,

take a Heavy Gauss with LFE and Risk losing your Mech if the Heavy Gauss Goes nuclear,
or take a STD engine and throw in a Case to save your CT just encase Total Atomic Annihilation,

I was thinking the same thing. CaseII+std engine could be very cool. Guass going critical exits though the back leaving your structure and arm intact and attached.

#11 Vladosteron

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

True, guess ist the Traditionalist in me who wants to Keep the slotcount steady.

Yes, thats right, on the other Hand weapons like LBX20 and HGauss leave some room for STD. It is literally obsolete without big Slot eating guns.

#12 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:20 AM

My experience predicts that shooting over 180 would be extremely ineffective with HRG. You forget about kickback and disability to pair HGR with any weaponry.
So it will be suitable for brawling only. So HRG need to be fired instantly.

#13 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

KGC

This thing uses crit sharing for ac20's and they still havent done it, because theres no demand for it, so i can tell you what happens when you reduce crits to 10, itll just stay at 10 crits forever

Edited by davoodoo, 02 July 2017 - 05:49 AM.

#14 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

I am playtesting the Heavy Gauss this morning. It has brawl-like ranges but the normal awkwardness, low rate of fire, charging bar of being a gauss rifle.

The Heavy Gauss should have longer optimal range. Its in-game stats should reflect what it does in tabletop. Remember, this is a weapon that requires 18 tons and 11 crits: it needs a standard engine, and very few mechs can take one, let alone two. It's okay if it is powerful.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users