• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 03 July 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

ive had some mechs get legged, but not nearly as much as you've stated,
perhaps i need to test ATMs more vs lights and Fast Mediums,

it could also do with their spread being so much(4.2-5.2) as larger spread leads to more leg hits on faster targets,
(tests i ran weeks ago with LRMs not really with ATMs, but as they have the same spread i would assume the same Apply)

Try it against heavies as well because that is what I saw it happening against. Or just watch videos of ATM users dueling. The two Maddogs dueling showed the one had both legs into critical yellow by the time the CT went critical. There is something off with ATM targeting.

#22 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostRuar, on 03 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Try it against heavies as well because that is what I saw it happening against. Or just watch videos of ATM users dueling. The two Maddogs dueling showed the one had both legs into critical yellow by the time the CT went critical. There is something off with ATM targeting.

Ya but did that maddog have 35 armor on the leg and 75 on the ct? Did he turn and block his ct during the fight? If you fight like normal the legs should go out before the ct.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#23 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 03 July 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

Ya but did that maddog have 35 armor on the leg and 75 on the ct? Did he turn and block his ct during the fight? If you fight like normal the legs should go out before the ct.

Except that doesn't happen on live. You can't say there is more armor on the CT than legs so it's fine when the same exact armor balance happens on live but legs aren't getting destroyed.

#24 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostRuar, on 03 July 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

Except that doesn't happen on live. You can't say there is more armor on the CT than legs so it's fine when the same exact armor balance happens on live but legs aren't getting destroyed.

Check the video i uploaded. This is a live test on the pts. You can see it does hit the legs almost as much as the ct. If my ct had twice as much armor the legs would have went out about the same time. Now If you turn your mech and block your ct it will hit the legs and arm. So now you just increased the odds the legs will drop before the ct.

Most mechs do not run full armor on the legs but full ct. Legs going out before the ct is going to be normal. If people really start using atms you will see more armor on the legs.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 03 July 2017 - 02:42 PM.

#25 Ruar

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

I run nearly full armor on my legs and the ATMs on test were killing my legs.

And when I said live I meant not test server. Missiles on live don't abnormally effect legs, even with odd leg armor. ATMs are hitting legs more often though. That needs to be fixed.

#26 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

ATM hit the legs more and also the ground a lot more... you need to have clear view of the target, indirect fire is quite hard to achieve with them.

#27 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

I think it has to do with the configuration of the mechs and how close the top of the legs are in comparison to the center torso, or how much the body over hangs the legs. In my Marauder and shadow cat I did not see as many leg hits, but upper bodies over hang the hips section quite a bit. however on my banshee and Cyclops I did see a lot of leg hits, though I run max armor in the legs and twisting helps spread the damage more evenly from the larger launchers. It's an interesting effect.

Edited by Rusharn, 13 July 2017 - 11:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users