New Tech Comments

13 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Why are the LBX 5 and AC 5 same weight? The numbers in general don't look good for Inner Sphere.

This update doesn't really help mechs with low hard point count does it?

The minimum range and max ranges on the ppc's and other weapons need to be look at.

Do all the gauss rifles really need the charge up?

Am I correct in saying that the 10 damage, 7 ton, 7 heat LPL is still one of the best weapons the inner sphere has for low hard point mechs? Meanwhile the Clan have 16 damage, 4 ton lasers?

The sound effects for all Inner Sphere weapons are bad, meanwhile the Clan sound effects are awesome.

This update appears to be the introduction of Clans 2.0 being very one sided for Clan tech. I am just shaking my head at this entire update at the moment. I think someone really hates the Inner Sphere.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 01:07 PM.

#2 Legato Bluesummers

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

The only really "new" weapons clans got was the ATM and it's kind of a joke. IS got the better deal but its not game breaking for ether side.

#3 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

Really Johnny? IS tech is far more kicking the sh!t out of the Clan toys added. Our stuff is more just flavor weapons....Heavy lasers are ok but they are def not an OP weapon, they are a sidegrade to the ER's just as I assumed they would (high dmg but for massive heat penalties and low range)...ATM's with the Min range and LRM style ripple fire make their brawl potential not nearly as effective as the SRM.

On the IS side there is some real winners as far as what you are complaining about for size and weight of the new stuff? Blame FASA/Wizkids/CGL for those stats, not like PGI will change them, never have, never will most likely these are the "hard stats"

#4 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 July 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

Really Johnny? IS tech is far more kicking the sh!t out of the Clan toys added. Our stuff is more just flavor weapons....Heavy lasers are ok but they are def not an OP weapon, they are a sidegrade to the ER's just as I assumed they would (high dmg but for massive heat penalties and low range)...ATM's with the Min range and LRM style ripple fire make their brawl potential not nearly as effective as the SRM.

On the IS side there is some real winners as far as what you are complaining about for size and weight of the new stuff? Blame FASA/Wizkids/CGL for those stats, not like PGI will change them, never have, never will most likely these are the "hard stats"

What winners on the Inner Sphere side are you seeing?

The sound effects and visuals(the model for the weapon itself is good) are so bad for the RAC's I simply cannot believe it.

I took a timberwolf for a spin, I don't see any Inner Sphere mech even coming close to that mech in any way.

I am in shock at this point after having tried quite a few mechs out and new gear.

Inner Sphere ranges pathetically short. Pathetic damage numbers. 3 stage firing mechanics on weapons that do 8 damage. Minimum ranges where they do no damage at all and on and on.

ARE THEY SERIOUS?

I think someone not only hates Inner Sphere they hate them with a passion of epic proportions. :) Its unreal.

3 stage firing mechanic on 8 damage!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be ******* joking. The entire thing is a joke at this point. I don't know where to start on how much this needs to be updated.

180 meter optimal range on the 18 ton, 11 slot heavy gauss and sadists are making topics its perfect on the general forum.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

IS UAC20 + SNPPC complex will be devastating on some maps. Finger of death of some sort.

#6 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 01 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

IS UAC20 + SNPPC complex will be devastating on some maps. Finger of death of some sort.

You have a point there. It may be on par with the Clan UAC 20. Maybe.

15 tons 10 slots 270 meters vrs 12 tons 8 slots 360 meters. This is the closest I see for balance so far, the other weapons are brutal. The numbers are not even remotely close after damages are added in.

The entire thing is a joke at this point. I don't say this to be mean I say this because of the numbers and gameplay.

I have to ask if they are trying to make any remaining Inner Sphere loyalists quit? I mean they all did when Clans first came in, but at the time I didn't really care so I am still here.

No good players will play easy mode. Quite a mess over all.

Anyway I am sure more updates are on the way, I just hope they know how far off they are at the moment and that some hate this game and want to see totally messed up balance and will troll like freaks to get it. I guess they have to figure it all out.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#7 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 July 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

they are a sidegrade to the ER's just as I assumed they would (high dmg but for massive heat penalties and low range).

Stop you right there

heavy large laser
16 dmg
17 dmg
1.55 duration
6s cooldown
450m range
4 tons
3 slots

3 ermeds
21 dmg
18 heat
1.25 duration
3.5s cd
405m range
3 tons
3 slots.

So for 1 less ton we get 0.3s less duration, 2.5s less cd, 5 more damage, 10% range loss and 1 extra heat.

I mean **** heavy large isnt sidegrade even for ermeds.

Id rather take 2 ersl than 1hmed... and its not like clan mechs are hardpoint starved...

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#8 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 01 July 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Stop you right there

heavy large laser
16 dmg
17 dmg
1.55 duration
6s cooldown
450m range
4 tons
3 slots

3 ermeds
21 dmg
18 heat
1.25 duration
3.5s cd
405m range
3 tons
3 slots.

So for 1 less ton we get 0.3s less duration, 2.5s less cd, 5 more damage, 10% range loss and 1 extra heat.

I mean **** heavy large isnt sidegrade even for ermeds.

The numbers can be cooked to find some rare balance, but it doesn't remove the problems of hard point counts and countless others. At least the CHLL isn't useless.

They got to get balance right because just having another unbalanced mess like when Clans came in isn't good.

I see lots of cheers right now about certain things and that worries me more than anything at this point.

There is seriously a topic about how great the heavy gauss is right now.... a limited usefulness extremely short range weapon that a couple clan lasers can match when assaults are fighting each other not being able to twist off damage.

What ever they are way off right now. WAY.

Removing the minimum ranges from PPC's and charge ups from the lower damage gauss is an easy place to start. Then get to the damage numbers and ranges. Fix this mess.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 02:26 PM.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

I am also shaking my head at the most of the weapons changes

I am ending up spending the PTS time using the free MC on paintjobs and decals

already pulled all the new weapons off this Sleipnir and installed 2 AC20's

early this morning people where dropping in locust and spamming people with arty strikes and
shooting people in the back

I am resisting the urge to drop in a streak boats (we already know how streaks work so why waste peoples time)

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

PPC minimum range was for the board game and should have been removed 3 years ago. Now there is even more of this nonsense and now can look forward to even more CERPPC only matches? Seriously?

Ok I'm done but my point is, this is chance to not only add new gear but to actually make some long over due improvements to game play for real players, not script monkeys, trolls seeking imbalance and the rest.

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 02:13 PM.

#11 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 01 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I am also shaking my head at the most of the weapons changes

atm - minimum range, really slow and easy to shoot down, firing arc which makes half the missiles hit legs unless youre firing from elevated position. DOA
heavy lasers - comically long cooldown and burn time. DOA
racs - low dmg, jams too fast/unjams too long, massive heat, low ghost heat numbers. Pretty crap but it can be tweaked.
mrms - over 6.0 spread, on weapon which takes time to fire its load. Barely viable.
light gauss - 12 tons 8 dmg, ghost heat 2. DOA
lb20x - 11 slots, lbx. DOA
lb5x - lbx. DOA
lb2x - lbx. DOA
heavy gauss - 180m optimal range. DOA
heavy ppc - 13 dmg(buffed from 12) heavy, hot. Very limited use on some energy starved sniper mechs cplt k2 and maybe on some heavy ballistic builds.
snub ppc - 270m optimal range, 9.5 heat. I want to like it, but DOA
light ppc - actually decent
uac20 - very good
rocket launchers - very limited use.

8/14 weapons are dead on arrival.

If i shook my head any harder i could mix vinaigrette.

Edited by davoodoo, 01 July 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#12 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

I see quite a few other topics that are really good actually, this topic is more about the entire state of the update and how bad balance is at the moment.

Trying to point out that this is a big change and opportunity to actually "get it right", not "mess it up". These guys doing the update know the score, but they got to take a good look at the entire thing because it doesn't look good right now. Leave "game design" and TT out of it and make this work.

This games weapons are amazing compared to other games for example. Massive amount of variety and interesting mechanics by their very nature. There is no need to have charge ups and minimum ranges for example. Those things may work and may be good for balance, but my point is they are not needed to make things interesting and may in fact hurt the entire scene. This point coupled with piloting these very detailed machines have to be taken into account.

Not asking for simpleton warrior online just saying stay real, and yes, get balance right. Posted Image

Edited by Johnny Z, 01 July 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 01 July 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Why are the LBX 5 and AC 5 same weight? The numbers in general don't look good for Inner Sphere.

because Lore, LBXs are usually bigger and heavier than their AC Counter parts(LBX10 being the Exception)

This update doesn't really help mechs with low hard point count does it?

well i can say using the MRM10 has been amazing on some Lights, RAC2/5 have also been fun,

The minimum range and max ranges on the ppc's and other weapons need to be look at.

um why 90-540 was always the Range of all the PPCs, and it fit with how they are almost Modular,
2LPPCs = PPC(-1Ton), 1LPPC + PPC = HPPC(+1Ton), 1HPPC + LPPC = 2PPCs(+1Ton)

Do all the gauss rifles really need the charge up?

yes, i think its pretty much a facet how the weapon works,
and its expected that all Gauss would have Charge up, this includes the LGauss & HGauss,

Am I correct in saying that the 10 damage, 7 ton, 7 heat LPL is still one of the best weapons the inner sphere has for low hard point mechs? Meanwhile the Clan have 16 damage, 4 ton lasers?

yup but they are extremely hot(only weapon that does more Heat than Damage)
and have long Laser Durations and shorter Ranges to balance them, i think they are ok,

The sound effects for all Inner Sphere weapons are bad, meanwhile the Clan sound effects are awesome.

disagree, HPPC and LPPC sound amazing, also ERMLs and ERSLs also sound cool, O O O and MRMs,

This update appears to be the introduction of Clans 2.0 being very one sided for Clan tech. I am just shaking my head at this entire update at the moment. I think someone really hates the Inner Sphere.

Posted Image

#14 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 634 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

I just been hit in my untouched head by 2xHGR's...

Pretty much "I WIN" button - HGR is OP Posted Image

EDIT:

MicL's - colour needs to be changed (like violet or bronze etc...)

Sounds - PGI, the all weapons should deserve the sound effects upgrade :P

PPC & LPPC -> https://mwomercs.com...imum-range-fix/

And that's it for now :D

Edited by ManganMan, 01 July 2017 - 11:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users