An Honest Opinion

1 reply to this topic

#1 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

After about 10 hours of testing, I feel ready to give my opinion on many of the systems in the new tech update.

IS PPCs

Light PPC ...excellent. Great weapon, good bang for the buck heat and tonnage wise.

Heavy PPC... weak. Too hot, too heavy, too big, too short ranged for a weapon like this. Could be fixed with a heat reduction and/or a damage increase. You simply give up too much to mount them.

Snub nosed PPC... weak, Useless as designed. The short range combined with the heat of the weapon make this unsuited for anything except maybe poking. Fast recycle time is nice, but the heat will grind your dps to a stand-still in no time at all. 2x Light PPC are a far better option.

MRMs...weak to borderline. For all you give to mount these, they feel underwhelming. The missiles need to come out all at once like a shotgun shell and the missile velocity needs a huge increase for anyone to even think about firing them beyond 250m in which case you are better off with SRMs. Extremely hard to do anything with beyond 300m

Light engines: great, but it would have been hard to screw that up.

HMG: good. Nice damage, they feel right

ATMs excellent: damage feels right, could stand for a reduction on minimum range to 90m, but honestly they are fine at 120m. Will almost never be fired at long ranges due to the flight path, but they are really fun.

LHL: borderline. The weapon is effective, but the heat... this is what was intended, but duration feels a tad longish still

Med HL: excellent: the firepower and duration are right on. The cooldown is a bear, but this is a great weapon for the viper, nova, shadow cat...etc.

Small HL: okay Not as good as the ERSL, but a decent weapon.

Rotary ACs Okay. I go between doing massive damage with these to none at all it seems. It could be hit registration problems on the test server, but I think these are in a good place atm.

IS Ultras Excellent: Hell YEAH!

Light ferro: good. Exactly what it was supposed to be.

#2 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:27 AM

Heh, Forgot Hgauss and Light gauss

Hgauss will never be used at 11 crit slots. Hits hard but... damn... the thing comes with tooooooooooo many things you have to give up.

Light gauss: borderline. Needs a faster recycle time. Could potentially be a good weapon as a stand off supression weapon. Nobody runs from a mech with these equipped as they stand. Not even vindicators.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users