Rac Preemtive Spin

3 replies to this topic

Poll: RAC Spin (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we be allowed to preemptively spin RACs but with heat penalty?

1. Yes (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (7 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Here's a wierd idea, what if you could just do away with the RAC spin, by having your RACs spinning or not spinning at a toggle switch? The downside is that, permanently while spinning -- while spin-up, spin-down, firing, or just preemptive spinning would generate the same heat as if you're firing. Think about it like Jump Jets, while any of your RACs are spinning your heat dissipation is GRAVELY reduced, your heat gauge won't come down or even go up.

If you're worried about poking, wouldn't the spread-damage just defeat the purpose? Besides, that's 1.5s to deal the same damage as the gauss for the RAC5 but spread, when a gauss does 15 PPFLD in an instant with time to hide or spread damage.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 03 July 2017 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

I voted against the measure because I personally am opposed to this drastic spinup In general. It's convoluted and arbitrary. Simply firing when the trigger is pressd makes more sense, even if we have to have a ramping up rate of fire for a moment.

#3 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

I agree, jam bar fill rate should be tied to how many shots you've fired, not to the time your barrels were spinning and not firing.

#4 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 02 July 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

I agree, jam bar fill rate should be tied to how many shots you've fired, not to the time your barrels were spinning and not firing.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users