5 replies to this topic

#1 Mech Wrench

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

I applied 3 snub nose PPC to the heavy metal left arm. After launching into a PTS match, the mech arrived with only 2 PPC's. After the match, the mechlab still indicated my HM to have 3 PPC's in the left arm.

#2 Spocules

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

I had a similar problem with the heavy metal. When I put 2 RAC/2's in the right arm only one showed up.

#3 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

I figure this is related to the fact that they haven't adjusted all mech models yet to the new weapons.

Does this also mean that the weapon you equpped doesn't appear in your weapon list? And if you try it on the Academy Map for example, does it mean the weapons are actaully missing and inflict no damage, or do they just share the same visual location and you basically fire two guns at once?

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 04 July 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

I figure this is related to the fact that they haven't adjusted all mech models yet to the new weapons.

Does this also mean that the weapon you equpped doesn't appear in your weapon list? And if you try it on the Academy Map for example, does it mean the weapons are actaully missing and inflict no damage, or do they just share the same visual location and you basically fire two guns at once?

The weapon is actually missing once in a battle. You can't select it and you can't assign it to a group. I even tried moving the two visable Light PPCs off group one figuring that the computer might actually automatically assign the missing PPC to group one and even though it was hidden you would still be able to fire it but nope, it is actually not usable at all.

#5 VESSILY

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:07 AM

Highlanders are often overlooked for changes to the game. Obviously there are a lot of models currently affected by the new weapon models but highlanders have had numerous issues before, of not being updated correctly. Whether it was paint schemes behaving weird or quirks applying to the wrong variant (ex:ballistics quirks on variant with no port).

#6 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

Heavy metal was only ever modeled with 2 PPCs on the left arm (in different mounts to the lasers), because 3 dont fit with a hand actuator so it was previously impossible. I Guess since in MWO weapons fire actually out of the barrels on the mech, if it doesnt have a model it cant fire, as it doesnt know where to fire from.

They said there would be a lot of mechs in need of retrofits, and there might well be a few more cases like this with PPCs in arms for the same reason (id guess anything with 3E in an arm with a hand actuator, or 4E in one arm). Ballistics, lasers and missiles should all be fine, as those weapons all have 1 slot versions, so something will have been modelled, even if its not the right thing in the case of ballistics.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 10 July 2017 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users