Is Uac20 Ghost Heat?

29 replies to this topic

#1 TheHolyLancer

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:44 AM

So yeah, are they supposed to have 2 and not get ghost heat? Because some of these builds are kind of nuts with that kind of output, and they are relatively cool running and can add on ML or MPLs in enough quantity to make them kind of interesting.

I like it that you can burst like a truck and all, but if so I hope cUAC20 gets the same thing.

Is that an oversight or normal?

#2 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

4 uac 10 kodiak, same output twice the range less cooldown...

You really make it out to be worse than it really is...

Also its not like annihilator is coming and itll be able to carry 4 uac10 too, but im yet to see complaint about is uac10 having no gh.

You pack 30 tons of weapon, at least 8 tons of ammo + at least 14 dhs including engine to keep it relatively cool. Which already ensures it wont be used on anything smaller than 85 tons, but i guess assault mechs should just tickle enemy to death.

Edited by davoodoo, 04 July 2017 - 02:20 AM.

#3 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 04 July 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

4 uac 10 kodiak, same output twice the range less cooldown...

The Kodiak has Ghost Heat if he fires more than 2 at the same time.

#4 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 04 July 2017 - 03:03 AM, said:

The Kodiak has Ghost Heat if he fires more than 2 at the same time.

Someone didnt play at kodiak launch and before that with dwf 4 uac10 and ignores ppl asking to remove ghost heat on uac10 now that kodiak doesnt have mobility quirks.

#5 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 04 July 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

Also its not like annihilator is coming and itll be able to carry 4 uac10 too, but im yet to see complaint about is uac10 having no gh.

While technically possible that would not be a good build. 52tons of weapons +8tons of ammo minimum for IS.
100 mech, shaved limbs to 55ish points, xl300(no heat sinks) is 46tons free. You can't run endo as you need 42crits.
So ya either horrid mobility or very compromised armor.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Stay on topic kids.
The IS UAC20 is absolutely devastating in its current form, more so than any other new tech weapon. I love the way it shoots and dishes out damage, but it is absolutely superior to pretty much every other ballistic available. I was really looking forward to the IS UAC10, but the 20 is outright better.
Went one on one with a king crab 000B in mine, and straight up whooped him, with only UAC20s. His loadout of 2UAC10, 3med lasers, and 3 mrms barely got a chance to even fire on me before I cored him out.
Even more hilarious in a match on river city with the same loadout, I insta deleted an Arctic Cheetah scouting atop the back of the citadel as we came around G6 side. Literally, point click, delete.

So ya, enjoy the UAC20 while you can, and it is a lot of fun, but too much fun for some means not as much fun for others. Anyone that is here long enough knows this game is about balance to a large extent. Currently, UAC20 are not balanced.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 04 July 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Stay on topic kids.
The IS UAC20 is absolutely devastating in its current form, more so than any other new tech weapon. I love the way it shoots and dishes out damage, but it is absolutely superior to pretty much every other ballistic available. I was really looking forward to the IS UAC10, but the 20 is outright better.
Went one on one with a king crab 000B in mine, and straight up whooped him, with only UAC20s. His loadout of 2UAC10, 3med lasers, and 3 mrms barely got a chance to even fire on me before I cored him out.
Even more hilarious in a match on river city with the same loadout, I insta deleted an Arctic Cheetah scouting atop the back of the citadel as we came around G6 side. Literally, point click, delete.

So ya, enjoy the UAC20 while you can, and it is a lot of fun, but too much fun for some means not as much fun for others. Anyone that is here long enough knows this game is about balance to a large extent. Currently, UAC20 are not balanced.

Well to the King Crab you slugged it out with, he was stupid to engage you at short range, he could've fought you at his optimal range and done better. As for the Cheetah, sounds about right, you just dumped up to 80 damage at him and if he was stupid enough to stand there and take it, well serves him right.

Myself how ever, I have been enjoying the UAC/10 as I am more of a medium mech jock, UAC/20's take too much investment for a 50-55t mech to remain highly mobile... Yes I am not a Hunchback pilot, I stick to Centurions (much better with a UAC/10) and Bushwackers (UAC/10 love!)

Edited by Metus regem, 04 July 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 04 July 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

Someone didnt play at kodiak launch and before that with dwf 4 uac10 and ignores ppl asking to remove ghost heat on uac10 now that kodiak doesnt have mobility quirks.

I did, and it was overpowered sure, but for someone who loves ballistics I didn't care to run it very often. Really good for the comp tards and meta dolts that just one to hold their mouse down and let an algorithm be coordinated for them. Even worse out of it all the UAC10 weapon system got nerfed instead of the mechanics of how to shoot being changed, which should have happened instead.

Alas, my Kodiak of choice was the Spirit Bear, not the cliche kdk3. And even that got ******* nerfed , with skill tree drop now ******* masc on it is garbage. Every other masc mech is fine except the SB.

I mean the same for the IS UAC20 is on point with how it shoots, but the method of double tapping or firing more than one should be altered. Ghost heat is a cheap fix and should not be implemented. Additional heat tax is a stupid solution.

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 July 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

Well to the King Crab you slugged it out with, he was stupid to engage you at short range, he could've fought you at his optimal range and done better. As for the Cheetah, sounds about right, you just dumped up to 80 damage at him and if he was stupid enough to stand there and take it, well serves him right.

Myself how ever, I have been enjoying the UAC/10 as I am more of a medium mech jock, UAC/20's take too much investment for a 50-55t mech to remain highly mobile... Yes I am not a Hunchback pilot, I stick to Centurions (much better with a UAC/10) and Bushwackers (UAC/10 love!)

Bushwhackers have been running amok in a lot my games, tough as jerky.
I am saying they are awesome, but in their current form, they are outright better than the other ballistic options, namely the heavy Gauss, AC20. That and they will not be good for balance. I'm gonna get on here for a little bit more today to see if I can't do some more testing. Really enjoying the new tech overall, particularly lfes, and weapons but not the heat.
Happy 4th to my American buds BTW.

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

I think y'all's perceptions are getting skewed by the fact that 4v4 games turn into brawls almost every single time. You know, the ranges where AC/20s are at their best?

Kinda want to see how it does in 12v12 before adding ghost. Would also like to see them remove ghost on the cUAC/20, too.

#11 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

I feel like they should have ghost heat the same as C-UAC20. There's no reason for them not to.

#12 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 04 July 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

I feel like they should have ghost heat the same as C-UAC20. There's no reason for them not to.

Extra tonnage and extra crits... That's two reasons I can think of for not punishing it as badly with Ghost heat...

#13 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 July 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Extra tonnage and extra crits... That's two reasons I can think of for not punishing it as badly with Ghost heat...

1 less shell, which translates to 6.667 damage a shell vs 4.5 damage a shell for all 20 class Clan ballistics. Also has 6 heat per shot vs 7, so Clan UAC20 has 2 extra heat per double tap. Clan has about 1/3 more range which means jack squat when you are shooting 4 marshmallows. To run 2 IS UAC20 it takes an additional 6 tons and 2 slots.

It's the 1/3 more pinpoint damage per shell that actually translates in game results due to the nature of ppfld. Not the tonnage or the crits, as there are plenty of IS mechs that can run even a single Uac20, and that will outright beat a clan mech carrying its equivalent loadout.

Don't even need a is with ballistic quirks, but not sure if one exists that has a ballistic hardpoint

Edited by JackalBeast, 04 July 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#14 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 04 July 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

1 less shell, which translates to 6.667 damage a shell vs 4.5 damage a shell for all 20 class Clan ballistics. Also has 6 heat per shot vs 7, so Clan UAC20 has 2 extra heat per double tap. Clan has about 1/3 more range which means jack squat when you are shooting 4 marshmallows. To run 2 IS UAC20 it takes an additional 6 tons and 2 slots.

It's the 1/3 more pinpoint damage per shell that actually translates in game results due to the nature of ppfld. Not the tonnage or the crits, as there are plenty of IS mechs that can run even a single Uac20, and that will outright beat a clan mech carrying its equivalent loadout.

Don't even need a is with ballistic quirks, but not sure if one exists that has a ballistic hardpoint

huh, didn't even realize that they set the head on the isUAC/20 to 6, it should be 8 if they wanted to use as many TT stats as they could. At 6 heat, it really is a bargain.

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

Yep

#16 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 04 July 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

with ghost heat on ISUAC20s then theres a clear drawback to not use dual UAC 20s. right now there is absolutely no reason to not use dual UAC 20s because it can pretty much insta core and probably kill someone.

also did everyone forget to mention most builds optimum ranges is 300-400m? the IS UAC20s can engage a target at that range no problem, can double tap at that range no problem, and will happily kill anything no problem. IS UAC20s are clearly imbalanced and quite frankly overpowered. the fastest fix is to apply ghost heat to using 2 of them.

lets take a king crab running dual uac 20s with 4 medium lasers. the UACs on the King Crab dont jam often so you can double tap at will for a whopping total of 80 damage and you can still continue for even more. throw the med lasers into the mix you can tear out the center torso of any mech in the space of 10seconds. no other build can do this. not the cheeky kodiak uac5/uac10 build because you can twist and wait it out and you will most likely jam anyway, not any laser vomit build because the duration and recycle times basically prohibit it, not even srms because you can miss and the damage will be splattered all over the center and side torsos. However right now the King Crab can obliterate anything it sees with only dual IS UAC20s.

and i am aware IS needs some new toys but nothing to point of absolute ridiculousness and the IS UAC 20s in its current form are just waaaay too powerful and out of proportion that I see no reason to not use them to insta kill (pretty much) a mech. it is simply overpowered.

#17 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostMadRover, on 04 July 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

also did everyone forget to mention most builds optimum ranges is 300-400m? the IS UAC20s can engage a target at that range no problem, can double tap at that range no problem, and will happily kill anything no problem. IS UAC20s are clearly imbalanced and quite frankly overpowered. the fastest fix is to apply ghost heat to using 2 of them.

Forced by mad ravings of pgi who in their infinite wisdom made mediums + pulses the goto laser configuration by not adjusting heat sinks for lower cooldowns, then nerfing dhs to oneandhalfhs and finally giving us ghost heat. Then they also tried to amend this by giving us energy draw which resulted in ridiculous boatings and not much of anything else...

Huzzah.

I wouldnt batch and eye at 80 dmg 2 uac20 with 300m range if my warhawk with 28dhs would actually be able to pepper him at range with multiple 60 dmg alphas like it should.

Now i just cant care when hunchback 2c packs 40dmg with 2 uac10 at double the range.
Somehow ppl forgot that twice as heavy mech is supposed to carry twice as heavy weaponry.

But sure, do limit uac20 to 1.
Itll find use on atlas, hunchback and nothing else.

Edited by davoodoo, 04 July 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#18 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

yes stop talking about it :P

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 04 July 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

cUAC/20 fires 4 shells of 5 damage, each. Not sure where you got that 4.5 number from. 1.66667 difference does not a marshmallow make. Velocity is the real issue; at 270 meters, you don't notice it as much and it discourages your using the weapon from further away.

#20 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

huh, didn't even realize that they set the head on the isUAC/20 to 6, it should be 8 if they wanted to use as many TT stats as they could. At 6 heat, it really is a bargain.

I think it is 7 in TT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users