#1 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:09 AM

Having spent months looking forward to the introduction of RACs, I have to say that I am highly disappointed. Not only are they currently severely under-performing weapons, such as to be useless for the tonnage and crit requirements (PGI, it looks to me like you were afraid of them being too powerful, and went overboard on the penalties to prevent that), but their visual and audio performance is entirely unsatisfying.

PGI, PLEASE bring the BRRT and make RAC weapons fire lower damage projectiles at MUCH higher rates of fire. Ideally, the RAC-2 and RAC-5 would resemble the M61 Vulcan and GAU-8 Avenger Gatling guns, firing over a thousand rounds per minute in deadly streams.

RACs should be DEATH HOSES. But death hoses that can only be fired in short bursts, because they build heat like nobody's business, and if fire is sustained for too long, the player gets a painfully-long-to-clear jam.

Shot velocities, time-to-jam, time-to-unjam, heat generation, etc. can all be debated later, but I think the most important change needs to be the RoF of RACs, to make them a much more satisfying, fun, and giggle-enducing weapon (because, seriously, who doesn't want to point a pair of RAC-5s at a target, go BRRRRRRT and cackle like a madman?).

#2 SOL Ranger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationEndor, exterminating little evil bear people for the Empire.

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

I agree with you entirely on the aesthetics on the RAC and they should look at all the smaller projectile ballistics including Machine Guns as well, right now many of the projectile weapons seem like wet noodle shooters of varying size.

A visual and auditory upgrade would certainly be welcome for many ballistics weapons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users