Premium Time Is Back! Civil War Packs!

158 replies to this topic

#141 Edward Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

I will probably get the Cougar, since I need a light Mech and the Cougar is a Clan Jade Falcon design.

#142 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

doesn't hurt the Cougar also tanks and can carry a loadout equivalent to some IS heavies as well. might be slow for a light, but it's still pretty likely to be devastatingly effective when engaging larger mechs.

#143 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

Pretty dumb not to include premium time from the get go. I won't be greatful for something which should have already been part of the package.

#144 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:42 PM

View Postmetallio, on 06 July 2017 - 06:14 AM, said:

Never did field work eh? Oil alone is responsible for thousands of people stuck in the middle of nowhere with no internet access other than a satellite line that it's their *** to use for recreation. Military, far north ecological studies, grad work, on a boat...really you should get out more.

Going to call you on that as I played for years in MWO with someone who played via satelite phone from a West African basecamp and I currently play with a lot of US servicemen who play from active bases in their downtime. Is there a 0.000000000000000001% of the playerbase in the situation that you claim - maybe.

Plus sorry but most of that list smacks of make believe as someone who has worked all around the world in a whole variety of contitions.

Nice try though.

PS: Confused at the insult at the end as made no sense in the context.

Edited by Aramuside, 06 July 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#145 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

I would prefere Factioncamo choice to be honest.

#146 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

View PostAramuside, on 06 July 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Going to call you on that as I played for years in MWO with someone who played via satelite phone from a West African basecamp and I currently play with a lot of US servicemen who play from active bases in their downtime. Is there a 0.000000000000000001% of the playerbase in the situation that you claim - maybe.

Plus sorry but most of that list smacks of make believe as someone who has worked all around the world in a whole variety of contitions.

Nice try though.

I've worked oil, gone to war, and contracted for thirty years. No, not every-damn-body is locked in a hole. If you want to "call" someone on some sh!t try your own. If you've done half as much as you're talking you know people end up on platforms or stuck at a base camp without access for months. Not everyone, just like not everyone works in an office like I do now. I mean, you know what it costs to run that frikkin' satellite uplink right? You know that guy playing over satellite was in a rather particular position to get away with it right?

...or are you just trying to start some sh!t 'cuz ya can?

...also it wasn't an insult, it was a statement because you (or the OP, w/e) are the one who said someone shouldn't have a problem with work not giving them access for months. Do your job, the rest of us do ours, in between try not being a d!ck.

Edited by metallio, 07 July 2017 - 08:26 AM.

#147 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:01 AM

Edit note: was written in context of events but also applicable to PT usage, for the most part....

Well, we all need to vent and it sucks when events do not align with our schedules so i see both sides... and it is nice there is variety in options so those can/must stretch it out can do so while those that want/must binge in a consolidated manner have that option as well.

Its good for PGI to get feedback for future events but we cannot expect them to be able to cater to those with limited access and those with boundless time simultaneously. They will never satisfy everyone. Period.

Those of us that have work schedule should be grateful we have work/are physically able to work.

Same for those of us that have lots of free time (due to unemployment, injury, time off, etc).

The community is an intetnational melting pot so the sooner we all accept we will get stepped on no matter what, the sooner will be able to address each other like the mature rational adults we *probably* are when we don't hide behind pseudonyms and screen names...

Edited by MovinTarget, 07 July 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#148 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

I will wait for the next mech pack and will wait for PGI to listen again maybe next time we will get banked premium time

great thanks to those who bought o7

#149 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Typical...
Had these ordered with early adopter bonuses and cancelled said order when the derp tree went live... To little to late and a knife in the back to boot.

#150 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostAramuside, on 06 July 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

Nice try though.

Can verify that it is possible to play MWO over a cell phone connection. (regularly had less than a 500 ms ping, too :D)

#151 linux4eva

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

OK GOOGL... PGI! I ask for color and hero mech sale - I need yellow and black, as well as Jester, cause he has double AMS! :-)

#152 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

View Postlinux4eva, on 08 July 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

OK GOOGL... PGI! I ask for color and hero mech sale - I need yellow and black, as well as Jester, cause he has double AMS! :-)

New mini game:

Find an enemy mech with 2+ lams and chain fire mrms (like on an archer with 9 mrm10s) and keep them shut down because they don't know how to turn off their ams.

On a side note: just like you can hit override if you are already shut down, can ypu enable/disable ams while shutdown?

I think you need that ability....

#153 MercTekBenny

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:22 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 08 July 2017 - 05:23 AM, said:

New mini game:

Find an enemy mech with 2+ lams and chain fire mrms (like on an archer with 9 mrm10s) and keep them shut down because they don't know how to turn off their ams.

On a side note: just like you can hit override if you are already shut down, can ypu enable/disable ams while shutdown?

I think you need that ability....

I think all operations shutdown when your mech shuts down.... err. now that I've said that ECM stays active right?
Hmmm...

#154 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

View PostSolaris Daevanus, on 08 July 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

I think all operations shutdown when your mech shuts down.... err. now that I've said that ECM stays active right?
Hmmm...

Don't believe it does. But you can active override after you shutdown, so you have that...

My concern is that with lams, you could effectively "stunlocked" by heat, even if you are not being targeted...

Some sort of automatic survibal protocol may be needed (i.e. if you are at 90% heat, lams shuts off by itself and you have to reativate it... otherwise a mech with 4 flamers and an srm6 would be able to keep any multi-lams much on heat lock rather effectively...

Also, as i mentioned before, the toggle for ams could be better if it wasn't on/off but had a cyclic mechanic so that if you have 2+ ams, you can control how many are currently active.

EDIT: Just in case you meant, that the LAMS would keep going after you power down... no it wouldn't but as soon as you power back up, if any missile are flying about (not even targeting you), the LAMS would immediately heat you back up and shut you back down depending on your cooling. This would create a scenario where the player may not be able to turn off the LAMS in those few moments before being forced to shut down again and again and become "heatlocked" in a way that not even flamers can affect a player.

Conversely, if you hit override you run the risk of cooking WITHOUT EVER BEING TOUCHED... Now, this situation may be more of a responsibility of player since they chose to override, however, it merits understanding of the implications.

Edited by MovinTarget, 08 July 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#155 Danial Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

I may have missed it, but has PGI stated why they chose to make it active time and not banked?

#156 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostDanial Kerensky, on 08 July 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

I may have missed it, but has PGI stated why they chose to make it active time and not banked?

Likely to encourage people to play more (and thus not waste the active Premium Time) or to spend more, by purchasing Premium Time.

#157 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

My only complaint is that it is active time rather than banked. I prefer it banked so that I can activate 30 days at a time when I know I'll be playing a lot.

#158 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:34 AM

I agree. Banked for when I know I get value from it.

Edited by PanzerTC, 16 July 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#159 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

dear PGI,
you took away a thing nobody asked for to take away or change.

(If there was a thing your community asked for then it was the feature to have premtime running only when playing and not this crappy system where most of premtime runs up unused once activated!)

Now you tell us "generously" that we get it back but it is not banked.

My premtime is running up now unused because i have to work much and no time to play but wanted to have a quick look at the new mechs i bought. Smells.

Any statement of the responsibles at pgi?

Give back banked time.

aku out

Edited by Akula0815, 23 July 2017 - 01:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users