1 reply to this topic

#1 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Snub nose should be heat 9.5 like the regular one.
Heavy PPC needs to have 15 pinpoint to be worth it, and it might still not be good enough with that.
Light PPC are good as they are, ghost heat threshold could be upped to 4.
ERPPC needs a buff, not new tech but part of the family.

Heavy lasers seems fine.

Machine guns are fine except IS version is strictly worse at double tonnage, should get something to balance that extra weight.

Light engine is strictly worse than clan XL, it shouldn't have any penalities to ST loss to balance the extra weight.

Stealth armor is interesting and fun, I like it. I feel the crit slots should be dynamically distributed like endo/ferro so more mechs can use it.

RACs have bugged heat penalties and are generally far too weak. Try removing heat penalites completely and see what happens.

UAC10 and 20 are good as they are. UAC2 doesn't feel so good though, seems weaker than the clan version, less heat or jam chance maybe?

Heavy Gauss is too weak, should have higher optimal range. Recoil is a nice touch but doesn't feel authentic, the shaking afterwards is a bit weird, try and make it move more like a real recoil effect.

ATMs should have lower minrange (60-90 or so) and much less max range.

Rocket launchers are ok.

Light ferro is...the thing is IS endo and ferro are strictly worse than clan counterparts and that should be fixed to begin with, then balance LFF towards that.

IS streaks seem worse than clan streaks, give them something more to balance against the extra weight and shorter range.

IS Ermeds are a little too hot, should be 4 heat.

#2 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Interesting comments

I think SNPPC should at least mirror the damage to heat ratio of the ERLL or else it is not worth taking. It is supposed to be a brawling weapon so something that you could take on CTF-0XP for example

LPPC should have a optimal range boost basically you should be trading range for damage and heat
HPPC optimal range is OK but needs more damage I would trade more damage and a shorter optimal range in all fairness
that would leave ERPPC and PPC where it is

The H Gauss is not that bad the drop off from 180m does not seem too bad but if they made it 270m that would make it a more frightening weapon, the recoil should be a jolt not a shake in my view

RACs are useless unless they sort out ghost heat it is not worth taking, it neither works as a suppression weapon or as a burst DPS weapon at the moment. It could be good but I found that it really needs a reticle for ramp up to jam rather than look to the bottom right corner

Agreed about Stealth Armour although I believe if you get over 90% heat threshold it should be visible in thermal vision otherwise it is hilarious fun. especially with ballistics, CTF-0XP with Gauss on something like frozen is deadly, it is less stealthy when coupled with lasers (I think it would be somewhat OP on some maps. ECM+SA+Gauss will be a thing especially on maps with good cover, Playing on Viridian Bog or Frozen City or places where thermal vision does not help such as Terra Therma or TD will be very interesting.

Agreed with the UAC10/20s although I find them a little hot (in fairness I run UAC5 on CTF-IM and WHM-BW and nothing else so I may not be the best person to give a view)

LFE + LFF is surprising me with it's usefulness, I would have bad mouthed this before but on many builds I have found that I have gone with this combination so I think that tends to mitigate the loss of heat sinks when a ST goes somewhat but I understand the issue you raise on using the LFE on it's own

Streaks are a pretty meh weapon for me, I don't get on with them but I am not sure that IS tech is supposed to be on a par with Clan again oit is an interesting viewpoint

IS ERML are a bit too hot, I suppose I kind of live with the trade of more range/damage when closing. again it tends to be a supplemental brawling weapon so heat becomes a factor in terms of DPS but I suppose it is a trade with ML

Good review of the stae of play anyway

Opinions are like like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone else's stinks more than yours

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users