#41 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:30 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 05 July 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

Awww lol. can't decide if i want to cry, lough or head-desk...

Ever used the cUAC10 and 20s?
Will you use the isUAC20?
ever used any laser?

now tell me they are all useles because of the same reason.
MRM stream is short enough as the mentioned weapons.
AND having the ability to aim the stream following the reticule will actually net you at least 2x more hits than before the bug fix.

how i come to that number?
nobody is walking streight towards you and any fixed line stream (bug) will only hit the target for a small portion of the stream if you are above 10 meter range and the target is not an Atlas.

If you are not able to aim with Laser, cUAC20 or MRM because of the "long" duration stick with your PPC/Gauss/SRM builds.
thanks.

Answer this then:

which one of those weapons you mentioned spread damage?
(hint: none. UAC shells go where you point at.... you can land all shells dead center in a single component)

Which one of those weapons go 400 m/s?
(hint: none of them.. that is why they work at mid range. That is the reason why velocity quirk for AC20 is a big deal)

Make MRMs go at the speed of light and reduce spread to 0.0 and I'm pretty sure i'll be fine with them.
Or make them go 700 m/s with zero spread and reduce the missiles by a factor of 10 and and up damage per/missile to 10, and i still will be fine with them
(hint: what I'm trying to say to you is to go back and check what you said for a second, lasers and UACs work because they are not similar to MRMs in terms if spreed and spread)

Some of these posts are amazing, I'm quoting some of it for future demonstration of how the community can manage to fail more than even PGI... and that is an achievement on itself

Edited by Navid A1, 05 July 2017 - 11:35 PM.

#42 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 05 July 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Answer this then:

which one of those weapons you mentioned spread damage?
(hint: none. UAC shells go where you point at.... you can land all shells dead center in a single component)

Which one of those weapons go 400 m/s?
(hint: none of them.. that is why they work at mid range. That is the reason why velocity quirk for AC20 is a big deal)

Make MRMs go at the speed of light and reduce spread to 0.0 and I'm pretty sure i'll be fine with them.
Or make them go 700 m/s with zero spread and reduce the missiles by a factor of 10 and and up damage per/missile to 10, and i still will be fine with them
(hint: what I'm trying to say to you is to go back and check what you said for a second, lasers and UACs work because they are not similar to MRMs in terms if spreed and spread)

Some of these posts are amazing, I'm quoting some of it for future demonstration of how the community can manage to fail more than even PGI... and that is an achievement on itself

Ofc missiles spread more than lasers or UAC20s...
But then the needed change, as you mentioned here, is to reduce the spread/increase velocity.

My post aimed at your comment for the shoot-and-twist bug that you miss so much.
If you fire the currently bugged MRM stream where the full stream is not moving at all, the best comparison is to fire a beam or uAC20 stream without moving your cross hair.
In all cases, the target might just walk out of the way and you waste a lot of dmg potential.

Now MRMs low velocity and high spread even increase that waste, as targets can walk out of the way even faster.
That's what I was talking about.
Linear stream of fire that does not move versus a burst/beam that you can aim or lead to deliver ALL the damage (even if that might spread).

the difference between the "fixed" MRM with the spread and an uAC20 without spread would be the precision, but that's the point of Missiles versus Ballistics in general and not related only to MRMs. (given that SRM spread is quite low comparedly).

Edited by Reno Blade, 05 July 2017 - 11:52 PM.

#43 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

Funny how MEDIUM range missiles are competing with SRMs because their low velocity stops them from being a MEDIUM range weapon, and their stream fire mechanic, heat and weight makes them inferior in brawl.

MRMs should deal less effective damage than SRM loadout of the same weight but have higher effective range, read: much higher velocity, 900m/s at least, if you want to keep stream fire.

#44 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 06 July 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

Funny how MEDIUM range missiles are competing with SRMs because their low velocity stops them from being a MEDIUM range weapon, and their stream fire mechanic, heat and weight makes them inferior in brawl.

MRMs should deal less effective damage than SRM loadout of the same weight but have higher effective range, read: much higher velocity, 900m/s at least, if you want to keep stream fire.

yes, but 900 is a bit too much.
That's faster than AC20 shells, nearly AC10 speed.
600-700 should do the trick already, if you don't require them to sync with AC10s for lead time.

#45 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:21 AM

AC/10 are also mediocre at their rated range because 950 m/s is too slow.

#46 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 06 July 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

yes, but 900 is a bit too much.
That's faster than AC20 shells, nearly AC10 speed.
600-700 should do the trick already, if you don't require them to sync with AC10s for lead time.

AC20 is a 270m weapon AC10 is a 450. 900 sounds about right to me. Without these speeds it will never be worth using at long range . Unless they do fly by wire, then you could be slower but I don't see them doing this.

#47 DrFawstus

Rookie

• The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

I'd put my problems with MRMs on the spread and velocity too. I don't mind the stream, but I really don't like launching 2 volleys of 30 missiles at an enemy and when the smoke clears nothing is red and everything is yellow. Feels bad.

If anything, it should compare to ballistics in some ways. There are some chassis that can't use those, so missiles could be an alternative with its owns pro's and con's.

Skill can help with the part of the slow velocity (if you learn to lead the target, you can hit it), but nothing the player does can help with the spread. And the spread kills it at anything further than 200 m.

I'd rather boat the new streaks to get rid of close lights and mediums and use, dunno, ER MLs for a comparable range and pinpoint accuracy. If I fire 2 MRM 30 (60 dmg) at an enemy's CT at 400 m, I'll probably cause 15-20 dmg to the CT. If I fire 6 ER ML at 400 m at the same enemy, I will do 30 dmg to it's CT, and I'd rather spend my heat, tonnage and hardpoints on that.

#48 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Personally I would like to see the MRM's fire more like the IS LRM. Instead of a stream of missile, but bursts of solid walls of missiles with each wall moving to where the retractile is aimed when each wall/salvo is released.

Edited by Rusharn, 08 July 2017 - 08:10 AM.

#49 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:03 AM

I don't understand how PGI have ****** up their attempt at implementing MRMs so much.

To make them useful dump the stream fire mechanic, fire a full volley altogether (I don't care about the number of tubes on the model, I care about them being useful), give them a decent velocity and balance around damage and cool down.

Make them behave like SRMs that can usefully be fired out to medium range.

#50 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

Make them behave like SRMs that can usefully be fired out to medium range.

Yep. Get rid of reticle tracking. decrease the volley delay so they stream out faster. Increase the velocity to like 500m/s. And increase their range to like 540m so they actually have a decent range advantage over SRMs. And increase the damage per missile.

And they should change SRMs into guided missiles like theyre supposed to be. Make them work like streaks but with worse tracking/velocity, a chance to miss, but with a stronger warhead.

#51 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

I don't think the damage needs to be increased but a change to the firing pattern as well as a velocity increase most certainly is needed.

#52 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

I am all in favor of reticule tracking. Actually being able to lead will make me hit with a lot more MRMs then not. I can adjust the lead for range due to their slow speed if I need to and will actually be able to hit non stationary target. A lot of players who use the ac 20 already wont find the adjustment hard.

As for weapon coring precision.... seems thats NOT the intended use of Mrms which is good cause SRMS got that nitch. Mrms 40s having the spread of an atlas needs to change however.

Edited by ManDaisy, 08 July 2017 - 06:03 PM.

#53 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:42 AM

i kind of think the non-tracking mrms look like crap. seeing mechs shoot missiles out their side because they torso twisted mid salvo. or that thing i did where i fired while falling quickly and the merms were coming from a random point in the sky. do we really need another poptart weapon?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users