No replies to this topic

#1 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

So after hours of playtesting here are my quick thoughts:

RACs and MRMs were next to useless weapons in the PTS unless you boat and even then there are better options. Was totally disappointed in the weapons' performance though the animation and sounds were cool. A lot of "flash and awe" but little damage done most of the time unless the mech was shutdown and I was able to fire for 30 secs...

The new IS UACs & Streaks are great! But you expect that because PGI has had forever to get the clan versions "perfected"(?).

Heavy MGs are too powerful... as if I didn't already have issues with a Locust killing my Atlas... but when I'm using them I love them Posted Image

Light Engines are funtastic and have given my old Victors new life! Finally a viable option for speed and durability for IS!

Heavy Gauss isn't worth the extra tonnage required by ST engines & short range... the cooldown feels like it takes forever and with the short range you are much better off with AC20s which allow you to also run light engines. Unimpressed with Heavy Gauss. They need major overhaul.

Light Gauss needs a damage buff to 10. I tried and tried to run one these and kill something but seems like even an UAC5 is a much better option. If you run two it seems like you are better off with normal Gauss... 16 vs 15 damage for 9 extra tons?? I don't get it...

Love the new light PPC and Snub nose PPCs! The heavy PPC currently needs more damage or less heat to make up for the extra tonnage. A regular PPC seems superior unless you are in an assualt mech.

Light Ferro is surprisingly nice to have for that extra ammo etc. Useful addition on many builds.

Love stealth armor and the implementation of the game mechanics... only because it gives you a new play style to try to master and its not so all powerful that it wrecks the game. I never found out if seismic picks up stealth mechs but I would assume so.

Glad they will fix the IFF issue because too many times I was shot by idiot teammates even after telling them to not do so etc. That ruined several good matches. PGI really needs to fix how the endo-steel slots move around because building with stealth armor currently is a pain in the butt.

Also, I would advocate for 3 stealth armor slots in the torsos & only 1 slot in each arm. My reasoning is that 4 torso slots are supposed to cover front/back/head/middle while 4 cover just the arms?? Would be better to get those arm hardpoints more space since or even better allow one stealth armor slot to move between torso and arm so there is better loadout flexibility.

Didn't have time to test the Clan weapons... but Clanners have had enough fun its time for an IS comeback!

Edited by Gaussfather, 06 July 2017 - 05:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users