Did Anybody Try Gauss + Light Gauss?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

I know its a little late but did anybody try out combining a Gauss + Light Gauss in a side torso ?

The Idea didn't come to me till after the PTS had closed. Its an odd Idea I know, but it can be done. If its actually viable tactic.. probably not. While using the charge time node you can fire them at the same time. but they will still have different velocity's, so they wont hit at the same time. That whole torso is a ticking bomb since there is no room for case , but it is 23 damage with little heat, long range and less cool down then an Hgauss and no screen shake. It is 10 tons heavier though.

So did anybody even try it?

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

Nope.

Honestly, not sure where you are seeing the attraction. It is, as you pointed out, a ticking bomb. It's also 27 tons and requires a STD engine. I would rather pick a 'Mech that can take two standard Gauss Rifles, one in each arm/torso, than deal with this gimmick.

#3 zeves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 282 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:55 AM

are you sure light gauss didnt count as gauss for the power draw thing? for me it would seem like a lazy no brainer thing to just use the same code and count them all as gauss so much so as i didnt even think about it being possible.

#4 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Pretty sure it was a limit of 2 gauss charge regardless of type. Yes you can fit two in a torso.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users