Happy 20Th Anniversary For The Armored Core Series!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

10 July 1997, is when Armored Core on PS1 is released first in Japan. Today is when Armored Core got it's 20th Anniversay.

Here the link if you want to know Armored Core history and retrospective from original Armored Core on PS1 era, PS2 era, bit of next gen era and some spinoff mobile games.

Posted Image

Thanks for making me love mech genre and gaming as a whole in my life!

PS. Fromsoftware is currently making new Armored Core game!

#2 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

The mecha designer for AC is also Shoji Kawamori. Famous for Macross and thus some of Mechwarrior's most iconic mechs.

#3 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:43 PM

They seriously need to revive this, even if corporate pressure is making them do more Dark Souls or Bloodbourne.

Bandai needs to welcome the fact that Armored Core help sells plastic model kits, just like they did before.

#4 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

I LOVED the Armored Core games. I realized, upon looking at the first image in the OP, that I own 2/3 of those titles; and most of the other 1/3 I didn't know existed (I seriously need to look into AC5 and the PSP titles). If V is more like the PS1 and PS2 versions of the game I'll be all over that. It was such an awesome series.

Although, funny enough, my love of Battletech and MechWarrior is what brought me to Armored Core. We really do need more mech type games out there for some solid competition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users