2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:11 AM

I am sure not the only person asking myself what the hell happened in this case. A woman who happened to be a Yoga instructor heard a disturbance in the alley and called the cops. Two officers arrived in a squad car. She started to tell the cops why she had called them when the officer on the passenger side of the vehicle drew his weapon, fired across the driver and through the door, killing the woman. WTF Moment.

Body Cams were tuned off and he patrol vehicle did not record the incident. She was unarmed and in her PJ's. Makes a person think twice before calling the cops.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

Well maybe the police officer saw something; did know something had a suspicion, was overworked - however:

I always wonder we have billions of dollars spend each year in weapon technology all over the world - why is nobody able to develop ammunition with a highly reduced lateral effect but still have the necessary man stop power?
When I say less lateral - maybe the issue is some strange lawyer ******** - when ammuntion is listened as less lethal and still somebody dies it can become a case for a court - so instead they keep hollow point ammunition - at least there is a reduced chance that the "maybe bad" guy survives.

I asked this myself when moving through the railway station each day and seeing police officers armed with MP-5s... I fear that in case of a shooting - the "collateral" damage would be serve - so why not less/non letal ammunition.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Hollow Point Ammo is not scary. 12 gauge shotgun with a mix of small shot and buckshot in the same shell. Horrendous effect. I'm not going to jump on some band wagon about guns on this. The incident needs to be investigated to find out what happened. My prayers are the family. .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users