7 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:01 AM

Has made me play this game less.
And every mech feels like a crippled version of a trial mech.

Q: "why did is spend time on getting mechs"

#2 Artillery Witch Viridia

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

To be honest I don't understand what your gripe is. You have your opinion but to players like me we feel the Skill tree has allowed new life into a lot of mechs that were not hardpoint and loadout meta. My Jagers are played now that hadn't been allowed outside the garage in two years. I have Awesomes that I've done over 1k dmg in. My thunderbolt, Jester and others are so much fun to play now. The Warhawk has a new lease on life. I can play a variety of builds at a competitive level that just weren't accessible before. We can have roles like making your brawler more tanky.
Maybe make a suggestion on what direction or how you feel the Skill tree is wrong. Such as criticism like I think it's too many points to invest in seismic sensor when I used to love running it on every mech to feel out city combat. That's what we call feedback on the skill tree. Maybe we don;t want to go through so many range or cooldown nodes to get extra ammo either.

#3 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

I used to be a mostly lights and thunderbolt player.
I don't mind getting less dmg.

But it's a build up of system change after system change, it never stops.
The skil tree feels like another forced measure.

On the skill-tree mechanics, it's overcomplicated. Suggestion by very clever fan designs where mostly ignored.
lights won't get speedtweaks because it's not accessible without a abnormal broke decission on some other basic needs.
bad idea from me maybe, but it all still doens't give a good vibe, isn't that what they want to give the game.

PS: i have kept playing this game from day 1 of open beta.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 13 July 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#4 ET Penang

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPenang: near Char Koay Teow, Nasi Lemak & Chandoi stalls

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Personally I like the old system. The new system doesn't really give a lot of choices anyway. Even with so many options of nodes available, my setting on all the mechs are not very different from another, I pretty much have the same nodes for:-

1. Wants more cool down
2. Wants less heat
3. Wants more mobility
4. Wants more tanky
5. Wants more speed

This pretty much eat up all the nodes that's available....who doesn't want those 5 above? Choice? Really?

PENANG

#5 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

@ET Penang

But now's the question, how much of those do you want?
Are you willing to pay in Cooldown to get more speed? Or do you go more into mobility and sacrifice tankiness for it? There are choices^^

You can of course go the way of the allrounder. But i will specialize my tank on survival, my glass cannons on firepower and even skill speed tweak on some special ones and beat you with those tools i am given.

I think it's pretty normal that one has very often the same tech tree since it's based on one's preferences.

Edited by Bonzai VI, 13 July 2017 - 07:47 AM.

#6 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

DId i state i hate how they design each piece of UI, clickety click endless times, where is the esc tab backspace enter and space key in all this or just a kind of swipe circle around what ever ....... "Make it so ... "

#7 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

Yeah it sadly is not user-friendly. But i found my way around it^^
Not much you can change either way.

#8 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

Everyone are on the same system... Skill tree can make you specialize the buff for a purpose, that's good, i mostly like it but nothing is perfect.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users