Should Is Streaks And Machine Guns Get A Buff?

17 replies to this topic

#1 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

I know clan tech is supposed to be superior to IS, but often the IS has some slight advantage to it SRMs are more accurate and slightly more damaging, ACs fire fewer rounds per burst, LRMs are a single volley instead of a stream, IS gauss explode less.

This isnt true for all their their equipment though. IS and Clan streaks are exactly the same except clan is like half the weight and even further range, and same with the machine guns.

the Clans already have awesome engines and other tech the IS need better tech instead of just quirks.

So would it be fair to increase the damage on these weapons IS versions? Or is there some other way they could be made to be as useful as their Clan counterparts?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

As long as IS equipment/weapons weigh more than Clan ones, they should have better performance to make up for it. Doesn't have to be flat damage increase, as there are many variables to make them better. Such as less CoF for IS MGs cause it is heavier, thus steadier. Less spread on the limbs for IS SSRMs cause IS tech is limited to the targeting of torsi sections. Give IS CASE the ability to reduce ammo/weapon explosion damage by 50%.

Etc...

Edited by El Bandito, 11 July 2017 - 05:23 PM.

#3 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Inner Sphere Streaks have faster reload times. As a fun fact, the IS SSRM2 has the same DPS as the Clan SSRM6 for half the weight.

But really, we shouldn't focus on buffing or nerfing the XML stats of SSRMs for either faction until the actual mechanics get worked out. They're pretty hard to truly balance in their current gimmicky form.

#4 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

I vote no,

We're going to see calls for heavy machinegun nerfs here soon Posted Image

Streaks are almost no skill weapons and shouldn't be op. IS is getting ssrm6 in a few days.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 11 July 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#5 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 11 July 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

I vote no,

We're going to see calls for heavy machinegun nerfs here soon Posted Image

Streaks are almost no skill weapons and shouldn't be op. IS is getting ssrm6 in a few days.

Really? Sure its damage for no heat but its like 90m range and requires continuous eyeballing of the enemy its good in 1 vs 1 or the 4 vs 4 they were tested in but when you get larger fighting teams its harder for a brawler to survive especially with such short range weapons.

#6 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

well um correct me if im wrong but dont IS Streaks shorter Cooldown & only weigh slightly more?
(IS-Streak2 = 2Second-Cooldown(only 0.5Tons more)(C-Streak2 = 3Second-Cooldown)
(IS-Streak4 = 3Second-Cooldown(only 1.0Tons more)(C-Streak4 = 4.5Second-Cooldown)
(IS-Streak6 = 4Second-Cooldown(only 1.5Tons more)(C-Streak6 = 6Second-Cooldown)
with this is seems like IS vs Clan Streaks are already Balanced,

also when it comes to MGs their was a Rumor on the PTS that IS MG had a Higher Crit Chance,
I dont know fully, if their is any Crit Chance Difference, but i will Test on Patch Day(July 18th)

Also all IS-MGs have more than Double Component Health,
when Compared to their Clan Counter Parts(IS=7.5, C=3.5)

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 11 July 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#7 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

duh

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,881 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

from testing i thought is streaks were way too hot. its probibly just an artifact of the faster cd. but damn they approach unusability, its not the same easy mode weapon as the clans have been enjoying. you have to actually manage heat.

of course realistically in a real 12v12 match, not the matchmakerless 4v4 i tested them in, they might prove to be the superior weapon.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 July 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#9 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 July 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

well um correct me if im wrong but dont IS Streaks shorter Cooldown & only weigh slightly more?
(IS-Streak4 = 3Second-Cooldown(only 1.0Tons more)(C-Streak4 = 4.5Second-Cooldown)

also when it comes to MGs their was a Rumor on the PTS that IS MG had a Higher Crit Chance,
I dont know fully, if their is any Crit Chance Difference, but i will Test on Patch Day(July 18th)

I still feel that the Clan one is far better with the extra range, 360m compared to 270m. It could be I just hate Streak crows which i still encounter often and make my life hell as a light pilot.

#10 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:38 PM

The CSSRMs have 33% longer range than IS SSRMs, which is a huge deal.

Also all IS-MGs have more than Double Component Health,
when Compared to their Clan Counter Parts(IS=7.5, C=3.5)

I never had a situation where I wished the CMG to have more durability, though. The more crit chance part needs to be verified.

#11 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:39 PM

View PostSirNotlag, on 11 July 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

I still feel that the Clan one is far better with the extra range, 360m compared to 270m. It could be I just hate Streak crows which i still encounter often and make my life hell as a light pilot.

perhaps but it can be hard to hit at max range with Streaks, most of the time i use them at 270m anyway,
so i dont see this as being a problem, most of the time Lights get closer than that to you anyway,
(unless they see you have Streaks, but then again GRF-2N StealthArmor +4SSRM6 Meta) ;)

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Ya whether you like to admit or not, component health is a factor. In some cases Clan weapons have 1/3 the component health.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 July 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

I never had a situation where I wished the CMG to have more durability, though. The more crit chance part needs to be verified.

Agreed,
had 3-4 people in PTS telling me that when they tested MGs, they felt the IS-MGs took out Components/Items Faster,
i did ask if it was Against Clan then IS as that would make sense but they said they tested it against an AS7,
on both tests, one was IS-Medium+4MGs VS AS7, the other was a C-Medium+4MGs VS AS7,

never found out which Mediums they used they disco'ed after the match ended,
but they did say they tested all 3MG Types, so im not sure, guess we'll find out on Patch Day,

#14 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostSirNotlag, on 11 July 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Really? Sure its damage for no heat but its like 90m range and requires continuous eyeballing of the enemy its good in 1 vs 1 or the 4 vs 4 they were tested in but when you get larger fighting teams its harder for a brawler to survive especially with such short range weapons.

I am 100% sure we will see calls for it. When lights start running them dancing in front of assaults people will start posting.

As for being a good or bad weapon im not saying one way or the other. Just look at lrms and how often its called to be nerfed :P

#15 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 July 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Inner Sphere Streaks have faster reload times. As a fun fact, the IS SSRM2 has the same DPS as the Clan SSRM6 for half the weight.

But really, we shouldn't focus on buffing or nerfing the XML stats of SSRMs for either faction until the actual mechanics get worked out. They're pretty hard to truly balance in their current gimmicky form.

This is the correct answer for streaks. Well assuming he means changing the mechanics to make them a more rounded weapon instead of an anti-light weapon with no weight/crit artemis and point in general direction lock on.

#16 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

View Postdario03, on 11 July 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

This is the correct answer for streaks. Well assuming he means changing the mechanics to make them a more rounded weapon instead of an anti-light weapon with no weight/crit artemis and point in general direction lock on.

Perhaps they would make Streaks Crit Weapons like LBX? ya light Pilots take slightly more damage,
but i dont think the increased damage will matter much for them, as they have very little Health anyway,
but it would give Streaks(IS and Clan) better Traction when it comes to larger Mechs,

#17 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

View Postdario03, on 11 July 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Yes, that's what I mean.

#18 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 11 July 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

perhaps but it can be hard to hit at max range with Streaks, most of the time i use them at 270m anyway,
so i dont see this as being a problem, most of the time Lights get closer than that to you anyway,

It is OP to take out a light mech with one shot outside MPL optimum range. I will make sure to let you all know when streaks should not receive monthly nerfs. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users