28 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

So looking over the quirks.

The Anny gets tons of armor quirks which doesn't surprise me. The Mad Kitty Mk II got largely nothing which doesn't surprise me. Cougar actually seemed have gotten decent quirks but the one that surprised me the most was the Uziel with virtually zero quirks.

Totally shocked by the Uziel because by looking at it, it was going to need pretty massive armor/structure quirks to deal with such a wide profile coupled with it being so tall. Hope that means in internal testing it was so good it just didn't need any.

#2 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

Looking forward to the Anni even more, picked up the reinforcement pack now too. Just good quirks all around.

#3 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

Annihilator probably needs those quirks, and the Mad Cat arrives pre-nerfed, no surprises there. I'm a little surprised the Cougar didn't get some ST quirks just considering its frontal width and relatively slow speed.

I predict the Uziel's gonna have a rough couple months. Unless the arm hitboxes include parts of the central mass, they're aren't going to be very effective at shielding the torsos, and it's not like the cockpit is high enough to minimize exposure from the front.

#4 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

The MK II's arms are wayyyyyyyyy too close together. They need to be spread further apart.

The cougar, however... from the side angle... this is perhaps the first time ever in a MechWarrior game it doesn't look like an abortion.

#5 Vanslyck

Rookie

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

the Uziel and Madcat are going to be paper mechs lets hope that it doesnt stay that way long

#6 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Some of the Uziel's quirks are wrong (machine guns for a mech with no ballistics) so it might change later.

Perhaps they're banking on the 97kph stock, 126.36kph max, to protect it, rather than durability quirks

#7 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I love the Uziel 6P's machine gun ROF quirk. It'll make all the difference on a mech with no ballistic hardpoints. -_-

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

ANH got AS7 level Armor Quirks, Called it! ;)
i think its going to be a rather goo Addition to the IS line up,
yes its tall, but all Torso weapons seem well placed and of Good Quality,
i think its going to turn alot of heads, and much like the DWF please dont Stare,

#9 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

4 ac-10 fun

#10 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

I can just hear people scrambling to re-order the Anni pack, after cancelling it yesterday. Posted Image

As for the MCII, it got Mauler level agility as expected--which is completely workable. The hero seems to have the most impacting quirk.

View PostViktor Drake, on 14 July 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Cougar actually seemed have gotten decent quirks

Probably mostly the set of 8 quirks. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 July 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#11 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostTaiker, on 14 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

the Uziel and Madcat are going to be paper mechs lets hope that it doesnt stay that way long

im hoping the Uziel gets some Armor love at least to its STs its got a rather large Torso to have no Armor Quirks,

#12 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 14 July 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Some of the Uziel's quirks are wrong (machine guns for a mech with no ballistics) so it might change later.

Perhaps they're banking on the 97kph stock, 126.36kph max, to protect it, rather than durability quirks

If it has very high base torso twist speed and other agility stats, ya I can see that being the reason behind the lack of quirks. Maybe they figure it can afford to stay away from mobility skill tree amd take def. nodes.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostDracol, on 14 July 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

If it has very high base torso twist speed and other agility stats, ya I can see that being the reason behind the lack of quirks. Maybe they figure it can afford to stay away from mobility skill tree amd take def. nodes.

Not to mention high mounts. Pity they are nullified by incredibly low cockpit (crotchpit, more like). I am reasonably certain that the Uziel will receive durability quirks in the future, after some complaints.

#14 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

looking at the Uziel its almost like a IS SCR
Posted Image
Posted Image
all weapons are at or above Cockpit level, and the Hunch back exposed before you are,
maybe it will have amazing mobility and will be like the SCR in use but for IS?

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#15 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

So after being blessed with an engine cap quirk (1.5x instead of the regular 1.2x), the Annihilator gets insane armour quirks and some offensive quirks on top of it. Wow, someone really likes that Mech.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 14 July 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

looking at the Uziel its almost like a IS SCR

all weapons are at or above Cockpit level, and the Hunch back exposed before you are,
maybe it will have amazing mobility and will be like the SCR in use but for IS?

The difference lies in CXL, and ST hitboxes. Uziel will most likely use LFE and have slower speed.

View PostFLG 01, on 14 July 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

So after being blessed with an engine cap quirk (1.5x instead of the regular 1.2x), the Annihilator gets insane armour quirks and some offensive quirks on top of it. Wow, someone really wants to sell that Mech.

Fixed it for ya. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 14 July 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#17 Dragonece

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Where can I find these quirks? Nevermind, found it. LOL

Edited by Dragonece, 14 July 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#18 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

The difference lies in CXL, and ST hitboxes. Uziel will most likely use LFE and have slower speed.

well assuming similar hitboxes(assuming good hitboxes)

a Uziel(UZL) with a 300XL and Just Endo it will have the Similar Speed and Tonnage(-1Ton) as the SCR,
a Uziel(UZL) with a 275LFE and Just Endo it will have the Similar Speed(-8Kph) and Tonnage(-2.5Tons) as the SCR,
slightly less that the SCR on both accounts but we are comparing a 50Tonner vs a 55Tonner, Posted Image

Edit-
if PGI added (Small Cockpits & LX Gyros) to MWO
that Tonnage would be Equalized to Exactly SCR Levels,
(Small Cockpit = +1Ton +1Crit(in Head)(XL Gyro = +0.5 to +2.0Tons -2Crits(in CT)

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 14 July 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#19 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 14 July 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Not going to happen because your not going to be able to mount enough weapons payload to make that 126 kph pay off because every one of the one that can pull those speed numbers are using either ballistics or missiles or both and those weapons are rather heavy especially when you include ammo. The one Energy boat that could have pulled it over can't due to a 325 engine cap.

I pre-ordered the Uziel so I will be finding out if my predictions of it being rather bad come true or not but right now I don't have the warm fuzzies.

As far as the Anny...well I would love to give it a spin but I just don't think it is going to remotely be good enough to justify a $20 investment for 3 chassis I am not all that interested in and definitely not worth $35 to get the 1 chassis I am interested in. If I could ala carte just the one chassis for like $10, PGI would be $10 richer but since they persist with the same old tired mech pack model guess I will be waiting for C-bills.

The honest truth is I just don't see them being fast enough to be relevant. In the current NASCAR nation we have in most games, unless you can at least hit 60+ KPH, you can bet your going to be left behind to die at least 2 out of every 5 matches. I have sold off all but one of my Direwolf variants because of this. I am also sure they are going to apply the same acceleration, deceleration and turn rates to the Anny as they have with all other 100 tonners as well so your not going to have any real agility either.

#20 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:29 PM

The Uziel has really good agility. Better than all of the 50-55 ton mechs.

Nevermind. Forgot about the Wolverines.

Edited by MechaBattler, 14 July 2017 - 06:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users