136 replies to this topic

#61 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

i like the UZL im ganna love playing it, but with out Armor Quirks i feel its ganna be,,... painful,

as many have noticed the UZL has inproper Quirks,

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 14 July 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Uziel UZL-3P is currently missing a -20% UAC Jam Chance Quirk.
Uziel UZL-5P currently has a -20% UAC Jam Chance Quirk, but should have a 20% Machine Gun Rate of Fire Quirk instead.
Uziel UZL-6P currently has a Machine Gun Rate of Fire Quirk, even though it has no Ballistic Hardpoints.

i think most of their Quirks will be Hot Fixed in,

im hoping it gets CN9 Quirks soon, and i feel their was a problem with assigning Quirks to the UZL,
which is why its quirks seem like Place Holders, given its size and shape, so im hopeful on Armor Quirks,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 15 July 2017 - 11:19 AM.

#62 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

legally stolen

Legally stolen, hahahaha.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

I seriously doubt they went that deep...plus if you can hit thin little barrels? You earned it. (And honestly better to soak damage with arms.

More likely story? Dynamic Weapon Geometry, aka "Lego Guns" strikes again.

Yes it makes the modelers day easier... but has been the aesthetics bane of MWO since it was started.

Say no to Lego Mechs.

Agreed. The Cougar especially could use some longer laser barrels. Something about it just seems... off without them. It's like if the Adder had its PPC arms cut off at the elbow.

Uziel seems to have acquired a serious case of the small. The torso looks fine... if the rest of the body was scaled up to match it in size.You can hardly tell the difference between a regular PPC and a Light PPC in the arm. Has anyone taken a look at the PPCs in the Banshee recently? Or y'know, maybe the Marauder IIC? And nevermind how the larger ballistics will look, I can't imagine them looking proper in the tiny little arms.

#63 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

View PostSkanderborg, on 15 July 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

The only civil war mech that looks good IMO is godzilla , the rest look rather strange.

Yes Godzilla mech is needed in my mech stables

#64 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:16 PM

View PostRakshasa, on 15 July 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

Don't think the new Uziel looks terribad, but ^-that model...daaayum Posted Image

Naw, think its too white and nerdy...

#65 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

Posted Image
i lol'd

Posted Image

but these arms wont fit mwo modular weapons
Posted Image
no w8 nvm

Edited by davoodoo, 15 July 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#66 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:28 PM

But dat convergence with those long chicken wings. It would be epically bad.

#67 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 15 July 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I like the torso and legs, but those arms are simply hideous.

#68 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 15 July 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

No way, the Jenner with it's derpy legs is the worst.

It's something I would make out of Lego as a kid, with no regard for balance or a centre of gravity.

If you said Jenner IIC I might have agreed. The Jenner ain't beautiful, but it's beautifully modeled and interesting. The Uziel is neither I'd buy 10 more Jenners with IRL cash before paying cbills for that Uziel.

View PostCancersCincar, on 15 July 2017 - 11:36 AM, said:

Legally stolen, hahahaha.

Agreed. The Cougar especially could use some longer laser barrels. Something about it just seems... off without them. It's like if the Adder had its PPC arms cut off at the elbow.

Uziel seems to have acquired a serious case of the small. The torso looks fine... if the rest of the body was scaled up to match it in size.You can hardly tell the difference between a regular PPC and a Light PPC in the arm. Has anyone taken a look at the PPCs in the Banshee recently? Or y'know, maybe the Marauder IIC? And nevermind how the larger ballistics will look, I can't imagine them looking proper in the tiny little arms.

probably borrowing all it's "dynamic" (now there's an oxymoron!) weapons from the Blackjack. And just think how manly those whip PPC barrels look there.....

View Postknnniggett, on 15 July 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Naw, think its too white and nerdy...

All I know is the Uziel is what would happen if you stuck Dhalsim's limbs on E. Honda's body.

View PostChados, on 15 July 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

But dat convergence with those long chicken wings. It would be epically bad.

you didn't but the Uziel expecting pinpoint convergence. Although...
Posted Image
not really that hard to accomplish if one is not lazy as hell at modeling....

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 July 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#69 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

If you said Jenner IIC I might have agreed. The Jenner ain't beautiful, but it's beautifully modeled and interesting. The Uziel is neither I'd buy 10 more Jenners with IRL cash before paying cbills for that Uziel.

Say what?! The IIC at least has decent legs, it doesn't look like a drunk person carrying a surfboard Posted Image
Posted Image

I think the torso is pretty great and the arm height is spot-on. If they un-cross the legs, it would be splendid.

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 15 July 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Say what?! The IIC at least has decent legs, it doesn't look like a drunk person carrying a surfboard Posted Image
Posted Image

I think the torso is pretty great and the arm height is spot-on. If they un-cross the legs, it would be splendid.

http://www.allaboutv.../visionsurgery/

#71 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 15 July 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

I like the torso and legs, but those arms are simply hideous.

well i dont find the visual appeal of uziel but the arms actually fit the artwork

Posted Image

#72 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

I mean... I'm still thinking about buying one. It still looks cool even if its a big departure from the tough stocky look of the original Uziel that it should have been.

Maybe I'll buy it to cover part of the IS loyalty program when it comes up. But I don't know what the loyalty program will be, and I wont be tempted after its been out a while... and it has no other incentives to buy it other than playing it sooner.... and it comes out for c-bills pretty quickly so IDK....talked myself out of it again GJ.

Maybe I will grab the files after its out and tweak them a bit so it looks closer to the original form.

The original animation has bowed legs BTW, probably worth pointing out there might be a reason the animators had to go that route, I'll do some science in a few weeks.

#73 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 15 July 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

well i dont find the visual appeal of uziel but the arms actually fit the artwork

Posted Image

I just think they need some more bulk (takes some from the torso?)

[Edit] Forgot I was talking about the MWLL version. Those arms stick out way too far, imo. Can't tell from that sideview artwork if it matches. [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 15 July 2017 - 02:06 PM.

#74 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

Uziel was one of my favorite mechs in MW4 Posted Image

The real problem of the PGI model is that the legs of the Uziel are far too thin. Because it's missing volume in the legs the rest of the body is larger. The thin legs really look awful ...

Another problem is the joint between hip and body - it's too long and should be more compact.

The spheric body should be slightly shifted of it's mid point to the back which would give the side profile a much more dynamic look. Hip position would move forward for a more aggressive look.

They really missed a chance here. MW4 model looks better.

Edit: It should look like this:

(Excuse me for the bad quality, this was done rapid in photoshop. I don't have any hope PGI will change the model, so I didn't want to invest too much time in it.)

Posted Image

Edited by xe N on, 15 July 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#75 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Postxe N on, on 15 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

The real problem of the PGI model is that the legs of the Uziel are far too thin. Because it's missing volume in the legs the rest of the body is larger. The thin legs really look awful ...

another way to buy volume is to pull them back and extend them pretty much like living legends did.

#76 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Look at the Annihilator and Madcatmk2. THOSE look hideous...at least my Madcat Prime will lllok workable because I'm always gonna put Missiles on it to keep that "classic" look

but Jesus Christ its ugly with no missile racks. Skipping on the hero most definitly.

Annihilator is just EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I was thinking about getting a collectors so i could get rewards for customer appreciation, even tho I would probably never main the thing because its so slow. Def glad I passed on it. I'll probably just get a maxed out Nightstar and call it a day. Cougar doesn't look that hot either.

And IMO the best Uziel model ive seen is probably the ones used in MechAssault. They also had the best looking blood asps.

Edited by xXBagheeraXx, 15 July 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#77 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

I just think it's sad that the low poly count models look so much better than what's arriving on Tuesday.

Had they all looked as they did, I would be looking forward to Tuesday and their launch, and the old timers here know how opposed I have been to timeline jump until all my 3025 babies are here.

Now I'm still undecided whether or not I'll just cancel and wait for the c-bill options, because I am seriously disappointed in the changes..

#78 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostCathy, on 15 July 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

I just think it's sad that the low poly count models look so much better than what's arriving on Tuesday.

Had they all looked as they did, I would be looking forward to Tuesday and their launch, and the old timers here know how opposed I have been to timeline jump until all my 3025 babies are here.

Now I'm still undecided whether or not I'll just cancel and wait for the c-bill options, because I am seriously disappointed in the changes..

I'd cancel. I did before when I ordered a Marauder II pack and then they where pushing Power draw....right after dropping a very very energy heavy clan assault.

#79 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

View Postxe N on, on 15 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

Legs a bit too thick and you left the arms overly dinky. Now it just looks more Quasimodo than the Hunchback.

#80 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

Seriously Mech assault did it best

https://vignette3.wi...=20120623162224

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users