#81 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 15 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'd cancel. I did before when I ordered a Marauder II pack and then they where pushing Power draw....right after dropping a very very energy heavy clan assault.

Yeah I've cancelled quite a bit since the Kodiak came around, usually because I was pissy over this and that, but never because of the mechs themselves.

I've also usually buckled and repurchased I did with the Huntsman because that looks so fantastic, it's been the mechs that have dragged my sorry *** away from disliking where the game has gone.

I even kept the Javelin and that's pretty damn awful, but I just think standards are dropping, and when the things that keep me spending are now the reason, I'm cancelling, maybe it time to draw a line with my bank account.

#82 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 15 July 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Legs a bit too thick and you left the arms overly dinky. Now it just looks more Quasimodo than the Hunchback.

First off, legs need to be thick. The legs of a mech are the second best armored parts and need to withstand enormous stress - especially for mechs with jump jets like the Uziel. Having large legs also distract fire from the very easy to hit main body (leg tanking!).

So, maybe legs could be a little bit smaller but not much.

I didn't change the size of the arms in relation to the body. So no change here. It's fully PGI - but I'm with you, the arms look like T-Rex and could be thicker.

Edited by xe N on, 15 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.

#83 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

I may get a Marauder pack since Power draw seems to be off the table, and its Cbill standard version is arguably the best besides the Skorch I already own.

Nighstalker...and...Possibly a nova cat for nostalgia. I dont like the way its artwork looks so far however.

And one of my planned builds, the "Thermal lance" from MWLL is actually pretty bad due to the horrible implementation of Heavy large lasers.

Possibly a Fafnir and Blood asp. Other than that I'm pretty sure that marks all the mechs I'd every spend cash on.

On the fence about the saggitare if they ever decide to add it. A big boy IS energy boat with more crit space than the Wubbshee, and Light engines available....

Edited by xXBagheeraXx, 15 July 2017 - 03:16 PM.

#84 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 15 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Seriously Mech assault did it best

https://vignette3.wi...=20120623162224

I wouldn't say it's been done best, but at least it doesn't look like it's going to fall flat on it's face or trip over it's own feet

#85 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 15 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Seriously Mech assault did it best

https://vignette3.wi...=20120623162224

Those arms still stick out too much.

#86 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostVonbach, on 15 July 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

The Uziel is so ugly I'm tempted to get one. It looks like a killer lightbulb.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image LOL! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 15 July 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Quirks even worse than originally anticipated

LOL some more!

Edited by Mystere, 15 July 2017 - 03:22 PM.

#87 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 15 July 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Those arms still stick out too much.

Yeah but it still has really good proportion, and if you see its walking animation it looks awesome. Much more Uziel like than what we have here.

#88 Motion

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

View PostMystere, on 15 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image LOL! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

LOL some more!

That's under known issues in the patch notes, uziel 6p quirk

Edited by Motion, 15 July 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#89 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 14 July 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Posted Image

OOOOOH ****!
Are we doing pony gifs now?!
Posted Image
I'll sit and watch too.

#90 Devilsfury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:50 PM

ROFL that mech looks like a bag of *** the way these guys did it. Failboat is fail!

#91 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 15 July 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

OOOOOH ****!
Posted Image
I'll sit and watch too.

Knowing the community and how over hostile to such things I try, keep it subtle. Seeing not many will tell EG is part of the main series even tho it's a side story.

Also Lulu best princess. Posted Image

Edited by Battlemaster56, 15 July 2017 - 08:40 PM.

#92 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

View Postxe N on, on 15 July 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

Uziel was one of my favorite mechs in MW4 Posted Image

The real problem of the PGI model is that the legs of the Uziel are far too thin. Because it's missing volume in the legs the rest of the body is larger. The thin legs really look awful ...

Another problem is the joint between hip and body - it's too long and should be more compact.

The spheric body should be slightly shifted of it's mid point to the back which would give the side profile a much more dynamic look. Hip position would move forward for a more aggressive look.

They really missed a chance here. MW4 model looks better.

Edit: It should look like this:

(Excuse me for the bad quality, this was done rapid in photoshop. I don't have any hope PGI will change the model, so I didn't want to invest too much time in it.)

Posted Image

those legs look straight outta that one scifi movie where the aliens were disguised as humans but would dislocate thier knees and end up looking like that..

#93 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

I never got what people liked about that Mech and I don't get now why all a sudden, they find it ugly.

It's a chicken-walking ULTRA-hunchbacking thing with a oversized barrel on its back that seems to crush it any second.
It's down right ugly and clumsy by design.

The torso shape and overall silhouette might make for quite a nice looking mech, but the enormous barrel-hunchbacking kills it instantly and undisputably.

#94 Tyroki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:27 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 15 July 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

OOOOOH ****!
Posted Image
I'll sit and watch too.

Burn.

#95 Finalstrike

• Pip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Now, despite the fact that I am somewhat disappointed with the PGI character model, there are some things that I DO like about it, compared to many of the earlier MW games' versions. The cockpit/glass redesign is quite good, for example. never understood why those earlier Uziel iterations had those talon-like appendages on the corners of the mech's "face".

Also:

Posted Image

again, the model doesn't quite do it for me, but I will admit that all of these paint jobs are pretty awesome. Good paint definitely helps some of the underwhelming geometry. Especially with the legs. I dunno, maybe I'll feel better after driving it around for awhile, but still. Quite a departure from the low-poly's proportions and stance.

Basically, PGI giveth, and PGI taketh away as well, lol

Edited by Finalstrike, 16 July 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#96 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

And people wonder why I don't buy mech packs...

#97 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Is their vision of the Uziel and even if we ( and i ) don't like the end result we will have to respect it , i mean , they brought us back our Uziel.

#98 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:28 AM

Think of it like this. Playing a Uziel has its bad quirks and points about the torso's but if you beat someone that is clan with with all the advantages then "THEY CAN SUCK It"

You beat them with a inferior mech and now they have to go back to their star in shame for being beaten by not only a Inner Sphere pilot but a inferior mech as well.. LOL

#99 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:13 PM

im a little worried bout it's size...and size of the side torsos other than that it's ok

#100 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

Saw the Uziel in action in the NGNGtv Twitch stream tonight, and it looked awesome. Great model, great cockpit, slightly eerie walk/run animation - honestly the leg angle didn't even come into it. Also, giant crotch vent. After watching the stream I no longer have any reservations, I have lost all worry and am stoked for the Uziel. Cannot wait for it to drop tomorrow - same for the Annihilator Posted Image

47 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users