67 replies to this topic

#61 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 July 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Except same mech, same build with a uac5 instead of RAC will perform better.

Not necessarily. Did you watch the video I linked above? The RAC/5s pretty consistently win out against the UAC/5s because of the inconsistent jamming that occurs with the UAC/5. That is why linked that video, so people could see the strength of the RAC verses the weakness of the UAC. It is just not as clear cut as people seem to think it is.

#62 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Not necessarily. Did you watch the video I linked above? The RAC/5s pretty consistently win out against the UAC/5s because of the inconsistent jamming that occurs with the UAC/5. That is why linked that video, so people could see the strength of the RAC verses the weakness of the UAC. It is just not as clear cut as people seem to think it is.

i watched it, youve seen what happened when archer came around. Sure it wont be able to fire that many rls on live, but you honestly dont want to stare.

Also even author of video says he would rather go with uacs.

Edited by davoodoo, 16 July 2017 - 09:42 AM.

#63 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

From what I understand they're going to ghost the jamming together to try and prevent chaining of RACs. IE firing one RAC out of three increases the jam bar for all three.

If they're not doing it they should for balance sake, we can't have them out perform lasers or missiles.

#64 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 16 July 2017 - 03:27 AM, said:

Im asking for decent quad rac5...

i might actually consider reinforcement for nightstar if i can fit 4 rac5 on 9p.

also its not like annihilator could use them for some actual build variety.

Put 4 of them on a mauler. Only down side is you will never be using them because of the ghost heat. Don't plan on mixing 2 and 5 too because they're linked.

#65 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

Kingcrab + 6 AC2 + Firecontrol so they are firing at their maximum rate = Fun

Its not OP, its huge fat and gets targeted really fast but hearing them fire is fun as is watching people just trying to back up from the cockpit shake

And since they are not uacs they do not jam and the heat management is trivial.

Then on the PTS using a combo of racs, getting killed because you just can not afford the face tank time, or the spin up or cool down time was NOT fun.

I tried everything I could but compared to AC or even UAC it just was not working.

Perhaps PGI fixed it, but going off past experience we get patched Tuesday, Hot Fixed 6 hours later, and then after a week a minor patch

#66 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

Are you sure that it's not because the other guy was cursed? :P

#67 Kangarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 573 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechlab, adding more Double Heatsinks.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

problem I have with rac's is that they dont realy benefit from cooldown like other weapons do. since the cooldown only applys to the spin down and doesnt actualy increase the firerate.

and even Firerate skills/quirks do not influence it as it is using the Dp's stat instead so itll lose out on alot of dp's that it could gain from those.

#68 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

From what I understand they're going to ghost the jamming together to try and prevent chaining of RACs. IE firing one RAC out of three increases the jam bar for all three.

If they're not doing it they should for balance sake, we can't have them out perform lasers or missiles.

RACs arnt even in danger of outperforming AC5s

Did you watch the video I linked above? The RAC/5s pretty consistently win out against the UAC/5s because of the inconsistent jamming that occurs with the UAC/5.

I find that very hard to believe.

The math says an RAC5 doesnt even do more dps than an AC5 until its well into the red and already risking jamming.

I am highly confident that the UAC5 completely outperforms the RAC5.

But the UAC5 also has better damage per shot, no spread, better range, better heat efficiency, less ghost heat issues, and better tonnage/crits.

Edited by Khobai, 17 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users