10 replies to this topic

#1 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

I went ahead and compared the agility numbers of the new mechs to already existing mechs of the same weight classes. I'm sure people have already made these comparisons, but I couldn't find a thread about it, so I figured I'd save others the hassle doing these comparisons.

Annihilator agility == Dire Wolf agility Can't say I'm surprised at this. Looks like the Anni will be a dump truck, but at least it'll be able to swap engines.

MadCat MkII agility == Mauler agility I'm a little salty about this one. I was hoping the MkII would get Highlander agility at least (or better). On top of that, the MkII gets little to no arm movement and pretty limited torso twist range. This thing will be a boat and I highly doubt the JJs will make up for that.

Centurion YLW < Uziel agility < Centurion D agility Looks like the Uziel is getting its own agility "bracket", being slightly more agile than the Centurion D but somewhat slower than the YLW. With six JJs, it might actually move out pretty well. This is probably PGI's """justification""" for giving the Uziel such limited quirks. The mech should feel pretty nice to pilot but I doubt it'll be able to take much punishment with its potentially terrible hitboxes and no armor/structure quirks to speak of. Who knows, maybe the skill tree will fix the poor thing.

Cougar == Adder And no one was surprised.

#2 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Be happy that the MadCat MKII got 85° yaw and not 60° like I expected.

#3 Jikil

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

I can't really see anyone taking the jumpjets on the MadcatII since it doesn't really have much agility.

Annihilator is kind of a shock considering how small its max engine is. But I guess thats just how PGI wants 100 tonners to be.

Uziel isn't going to do much without structure quirks because its fighting with IS mechs that have them right now. I can't really see it being a top performer.

Cougar is just a cooler adder, no surprises there.

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

View PostJikil, on 15 July 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

I can't really see anyone taking the jumpjets on the MadcatII since it doesn't really have much agility.

Annihilator is kind of a shock considering how small its max engine is. But I guess thats just how PGI wants 100 tonners to be.

Uziel isn't going to do much without structure quirks because its fighting with IS mechs that have them right now. I can't really see it being a top performer.

Cougar is just a cooler adder, no surprises there.

Pretty much agree with you completely.

JJs are a waste of time on an Assault mech. I always strip them out whenever I can so my Mad Cat Mk IIs won't be using them.

The mobility on the Annihilator didn't shock me at all because if they did buff it, they would have had a near mutiny on their hands from the community about the other 100 tonners. Considering its small engine cap, I really don't think the Anny is going to amount to much. It is a cool looking mech, that much I will give you but as for the rest, it just doesn't have what it takes, not in the current NASCAR nation gameplay we have.

The Uziel is the biggest disappointment of the bunch. I was actually expecting it to be pretty good but considering its size and its obviously poor hitboxes, I think it is going to fail. I honestly was expecting it to be much smaller due to the fact should have that crouched stance chicken walker mechs have and if not smaller overall, at least much shorter. Baring that I was expecting a ton of quirks on it and if not structure or armor I figured at least it would get the Linebacker treatment and get enhanced mobility status but nope, almost no quirks. Maybe there is something to it that just makes it so good that quirks would make it OP but from the screenshots and videos I sure the heck can't indentify it.

As far as the Cougar, it is looking like it might actually be pretty good especially now that I am starting to see screenshots from different angles. Honestly it is not anywhere near as wide as I thought and it looks pretty damn cool to boot. Still I am not sure how well a 35 ton mech is going to do with only 81-87 kph to call upon and I am not sure the extra tonnage it has will make up for the speed. I might consider purchasing it if there weren't so many important pods hidden behind the paywall.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:07 PM

Not surprised Mad Cat Mk. II got Mauler level agility, has a lot of firepower.

What does surprise me is that the Annihilator has 90 degrees of yaw??? That's amazing... much more than the Mauler.

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 July 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Not surprised Mad Cat Mk. II got Mauler level agility, has a lot of firepower.

What does surprise me is that the Annihilator has 90 degrees of yaw??? That's amazing... much more than the Mauler.

Yeah that might be its saving grace to be honest. That will counter its lack of mobility to some degree. If they would have allowed us to Ala Carte a single variant from the pack for like $10, I would definitely pick up a 1P variant. Alas PGI doesn't appear to want to allow us to give them money so I will have to wait until it is out for C-bills.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 15 July 2017 - 03:59 PM, said:

As far as the Cougar, it is looking like it might actually be pretty good especially now that I am starting to see screenshots from different angles. Honestly it is not anywhere near as wide as I thought and it looks pretty damn cool to boot. Still I am not sure how well a 35 ton mech is going to do with only 81-87 kph to call upon and I am not sure the extra tonnage it has will make up for the speed. I might consider purchasing it if there weren't so many important pods hidden behind the paywall.

I'm thinking 2 HLL in those high mounts and then 2 HML or 2 ER ML in one of the arms... I think you can do like 17 DHS and ECM or a TC1...

#8 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 July 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'm thinking 2 HLL in those high mounts and then 2 HML or 2 ER ML in one of the arms... I think you can do like 17 DHS and ECM or a TC1...

Good luck. You hoping to kill Darth Maul with those Lightsabers?

#9 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Yeah, Uziel agility is nice. With the high ST mounts it might be able to run dual AC10s which would be neat.

Annihilator, MCM2 and Cougar are no surprise. I expect a buff to Atlas and non KDK-3 Kodiak agility eventually, so even if it's baseline now I don't expect it to stay that way.

#10 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 July 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

17 DHS isn't really enough to sink 2 HLL let alone 2 HLL and 2 HML or 2 ER MLs unfortunately. 17 heat each on those puppies and a pair makes 34 heat. The HMLs are I think 8 heat each so that would bring your alpha heat to 40. That is quite toasty.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you couldn't do it but mostly likely you would spend most of the match hiding behind a rock cooling.

For myself I think a better build would be 2 x ER ML in those high mounts and some combo of either ER SLs or ER Micros in the arms plus probably ATMs to be honest. That way you could stay back with the second line where your lack of speed won't be a liability and still get some hurt out. The ER SLs or ER Micros would be for those inevitable times when you get into a brawl with another light mech and absolutely need to leg him to bring down his mobility to something you can handle.

#11 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

17 DHS is more than enough to sink 2x HLL. Believe me, I was running that on the PTS, with a cERML in tow, even. The long cycle time helps it tremendously.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users