What Are Some Good Cool Efficient Heavy/med For Clan/is

7 replies to this topic

#1 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

As the Title says, Im looking for some Cool Efficient Stock Heavy/Medium mechs. The Battlemaster-1G that I got from the Canada Day tournament really took me by surprise. While it is an Assualt, I would also like to know what assualts are also cool efficient. Cant say the same for the MadCat MK2.

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

Why would you run stock mechs? That would really hamper your chances of winning in any game mode, but you are tier 2, so you should know that already?

#3 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

I want to know so I can build them up.

#4 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

Okay, I can't really translate the value for cooling efficiency you get in the mech lab (except higher value = runs cooler, of course); I find the percentage value from smurfy's mechlab much easier to understand.

But... it's not really a question of how cool / how hot the stock build starts out.

Taking the stock BLR-1G as an example, you see 25% cooling efficiency (that's not very cool). Leaving out the PPC, you still only get 34%, or 14 seconds of weapons fire until shutdown. That is about 4 alpha strikes (without PPC). This is a rough approximation, since it does not consider skills, movement, environment heat... but you get the idea.

Consider your play style first. Do you want to do a lot of damage at once, i. e. have a high alpha? You will then have to spend some time to cool down again after your second or third alpha strike, or you will be in imminent danger of shutdown. Or do you want to do a steady stream of damage at the enemy, and hope he loses his nerve? Then go for a high DPS loadout.

But again, you are tier 2, so all of this should be known?

#5 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

I've been away for several years, I only returned in late may.

#6 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

Been playing since closed beta and have 100 mechs mostly assaults, heavies and mediums. This is one of my all time favorites even after new tech has dropped. The LFE just made it better.

It has the efficiency and ammo to be firing everything all the time and thats good because bushwackers only get bigger if you torso twist. With all that face time you pretty much always have a lock for the LRM10. The LBX lets you quick shoot before aiming the lasers and late game crits components and structure with ease.

I'm not a huge fan of the LRM10 or the LBX10 but I love both of them on this build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...da3d97a5d6acde8

Edited by Kaptain, 24 July 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#7 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

You could also do this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1bb7cd126c6de21

You don't need to dish out real world money (although I think the High Roller is included in the ongoing sale). The Disco Crab is a tough little nut to crack, it's fast, and you can put all your alpha into the same location with a little practice. Just be sneaky, don't charge into the enemy head-on over open terrain and you should be good.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

if you want Mechs which are heat efficent stock, Clan Mechs and -M varients of IS Mechs are the most likely to come with Double Heat Sinks stock, and that is one of the more important factors in finding a heat efficent Mech.

Unfortunately I do not know any Mechs which have a heat efficent stock loadout without reserch, and I am unwilling to spend potentialy several hours reserching this for you.

If you want to browse the MWO store, look for Mechs with a heat efficency of above 1.4 and it should be relitively heat efficent.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 24 July 2017 - 10:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users