So This Happened..

18 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:17 PM

Hey you guys!

Here's a thread for some of the funny/weird stuff that happens in this game..

I'll post a first..

So, it was a domination QP Group match on polar.. my team was made up of mostly heavies an assaults, we didn't have a single light i think.. the reds got to the circle, and capped it before we even had a chance to get close to it.. so.. yeah..

Posted Image

Most useless domination match evah! Posted Image

Edited by Vellron2005, 16 July 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Neither the Kintaro nor the Crab could get there fast enough?

Wow but also ew...

#3 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:21 PM

What a waste of time for both teams.

#4 DaMuchi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Your team had a shadow cat. Nothing can reach the point a full minute faster than the shadow cat.

#5 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

Yeah just like the terra therma assaults where the teams walk past eachother and end up on bases, usually ends with no damage.. Wow but also ew is right lol.

#6 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

View PostDaMuchi, on 16 July 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Your team had a shadow cat. Nothing can reach the point a full minute faster than the shadow cat.

Must be one of them ERLL SHCs.

#7 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:21 AM

View PostDaMuchi, on 16 July 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

They had a Spider 5V going Locust speeds with max cap accelerators, and was backed up by another fast light in blitzing the Dom point. That would do it.

#8 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

View PostThatNumbGuy, on 17 July 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

They had a Spider 5V going Locust speeds with max cap accelerators, and was backed up by another fast light in blitzing the Dom point. That would do it.

The max cap accelerators surely did help.
I think.
Really.

#9 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:14 AM

That sucks.. only had that happen about twice in my games and the Salt will flow after that

#10 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

This isn't too new...

We saw this and "other" WTF moments since the skill tree change,

Like someone said: Capping each others bases without a shot. Actual ties in Incurrsion in all sorts of variations.

A match where one team simply powered down intentionally and the clock ran out "several minutes later".....

As the player base dwindles and gets smaller every month, we'll see an increase in the "odd" results.......

12-0 stomps in PUG in less than 8 minutes where the actual fight lasted less than 2 minutes. Fewer players increases the liklyhood of odd results because there are increasing numbers of above average players and lessening numbers of NOOBs...

More predators and fewer prey usually means the END of a Predator Species. PGI should take the hint, eh?!!!

#11 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

sounds like best match ever.. just think of how much time u saved getting into a hopefully better match

#12 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

Get rekt nerd... jk love you.

#13 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 17 July 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

sounds like best match ever.. just think of how much time u saved getting into a hopefully better match

Yup. If I was in a group drop with folks I care about, I'd take my mech right to the circle and trust them to back me up, or that I'd be backing them up if someone got their first. In random quick drops? On Grim Plexus or Frozen City? Hell no. I'll cheerfully move to the edge as quickly as I can and start shooting enemy mechs IN the circle, but I'm not holding the circle alone. If NO one on my team wants to hold the circle, that's cool too. Either we continue to shoot enemy mechs in the circle to halt the timer and push into their weakest side, or we lose. I'm fine with either result.

#14 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 17 July 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Yup. If I was in a group drop with folks I care about, I'd take my mech right to the circle and trust them to back me up, or that I'd be backing them up if someone got their first. In random quick drops? On Grim Plexus or Frozen City? Hell no. I'll cheerfully move to the edge as quickly as I can and start shooting enemy mechs IN the circle, but I'm not holding the circle alone. If NO one on my team wants to hold the circle, that's cool too. Either we continue to shoot enemy mechs in the circle to halt the timer and push into their weakest side, or we lose. I'm fine with either result.

well getting out of crapination as fast as possible is best result of the match.. I'd love it if crapquest could end just as fast but alas we have to wait on cap points and all that crap thats scattered all over as if every mech went over 110kph..

#15 jonfett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 355 posts
  • LocationSitting on a NaCl mountain in a place called Puglandia

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostSpectreHD, on 16 July 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Must be one of them ERLL SHCs.

Or one of those players who isn;t paying attention to what's going around them. "I had 80 seconds to look and see what map/mode I'm in and what other mechs were brought for this match; I should immediately go full throttle as soon as I drop to get to the circle"....but nope, "I'm going to sit here and fidgit with my mech's weapons, even though I could have done that on the training grounds". Posted Image

#16 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

Guys, it was a shadowcat. It got distracted by a shadowmouse and then started playing with some shadowyarn.

Yeah, that pilot lost the match.

#17 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 17 July 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yeah, that pilot lost the match.

Nope. I counted 6 mechs on that friendly team that could have made it to the circle - assuming they were NOT afk at the start and held the W button down in a straight line. An Orion IIC w/ 325 XL and speed tweak will beat the timer running down to 0 if a commando or locust is on the enemy team, because I've done it with 6 seconds to spare. This is assuming Polar, like his picture shows.

50% of the team decided to lose the match. Not just one pilot.

#18 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

I've had domination matches where I was the first person in the circle as a Dire Wolf...people please.

#19 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Ages ago, accidentally dropped a strike, and simultaneously killed 3 teammates.

Yeah.....

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users