ISN News Flash

6 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:00 AM

Mon. Dec 19, 3048: With only four of his ten years served in office, opponents are still sowing seeds against Elected Prince Haakon Magnusson.

#2 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image

After the Fourth Succession War, Haakon Magnusson was approached by representatives of the Draconis Combine and ComStar. They proposed to create the Free Rasalhague Republic from the Combine's Rasalhague Military District -- an unheard-of gesture that would enable a free Rasalhague state, a deal that would accomplish something beyond the wildest dreams of the rebels in the region. At first Magnusson feared this was too good to be true. (In fact it was: the creation of the Republic was the result of a savvy game of realpolitik as the Combine recognized it had no hope of holding onto its gains. Freeing Rasalhague was also intended to stir unrest in the Combine's rivals, who had similar restive regions seeking independence.) In 3034 he declared himself Prince of the newly formed Republic, an unenviable position at the head of a small neutral buffer state surrounded by larger rivals.
Magnusson has a son, Ragnar, who later is captured by the Clans during the early stages of their invasion. He would serve as an important link between his captors and the people they conquered.

Edited by Ghost, 19 December 2011 - 09:20 AM.

#3 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

FRR: As the clans would later say "Taste's like chicken!"

#4 Rakett

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'm neutral on the FRR and their politics. Magnusson's as good an employer as any (and better than some). The 'Jacks would be more than happy to shore up any zones where he feels a military threat may be lurking. I'll have my people contact his people.

#5 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm starting to think they should just route all News Flashes through Ghost. They mean little to nothing to me until he lays it down, and I'm to lazy to dig into the source material myself. Props as always Ghost.

#6 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:15 AM

All hail the Silver Fox!

#7 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:58 AM