14 replies to this topic

#1 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

I'm curious just how many Kurita warriors are there to defend Luthien?
My guess is 12 players more if they get some mercs.

Edited by Novakaine, 12 October 2017 - 04:45 PM.

#2 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

Probably mercs and somehow Clan will win because skittles.

Edited by MadRover, 12 October 2017 - 04:52 PM.

#3 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,974 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

funny thing PGI is making QP suck so bad I am sure there will be plenty of players for FP

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 12 October 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

funny thing PGI is making QP suck so bad I am sure there will be plenty of players for FP

How did they make QP suck recently (Especially compared to FP)?

Edited by Bombast, 12 October 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#5 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostBombast, on 12 October 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

How did they make QP suck recently (Especially compared to FP)?

Despite the number of potatoes, most likely returning players from a very long vacation, I would like this question answered as well.

#6 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

Clan Wolverines Lost Legion will defend Luthien and push the clans back to their barbaric ways to the Pentagon Worlds and from there we will destroy General Aleksandr Kerensky's flagship and send it to the depths of hell where it belongs.

General Aleksandr Kerensky is not your father because science is your father. We freely gave the secrets of the clans to the great houses, our real father. We will take down the clans with retribution as it has befalling us before on the 25th of October 2823. The Not-Named-Clan will fight with your enemy's and defend the great house Kurita.

Non Roleplay Posted Image

I think the only reason many people will be playing Faction Warfare would be the Food Pellets are pretty good to do some drops and hope that they will get some c-bills with the support pack and also some MC. Quick play will suffer a bit as the population is dwindling as new games come about and PGI is not really keeping interests of its players (some like myself still play so dont get your pantyhose in a bunch). But it will be like most others in the following

1)Clans will win and get the mech and a mechbay
2)Inner Sphere will lose and get 4 million C-bills and a mechbay
3)Lots of potatos that never played faction warfare with drop decks that resemble something from a horror show
4)Lots of salt from the Inner sphere as they will lose and try to shoot clanners from extreme range of their weapons and give the clans the advantage.
5)After this event is over faction warfare will be a ghost town with some units still dropping and enjoying it but most of the population will go back to quickplay.
6)Merc units will jump from Inner Sphere or Clans or vice vs depending on how the situation unfolds.

I say this from reality and not too much salt over faction warfare and I hope that faction warfare could be what it once was when they pitched it a long time ago. I think that PGI had some high hopes but the coding for it was a bit much and hard to change into something they wanted so they went this route.

Edited by Oldbob10025, 12 October 2017 - 06:27 PM.

#7 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

-.- I am no Smoke kitten, really leave the rest of us out of it! Let the Jags pass or fail on there own I say.

#8 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

12 players is more than half of the players queueing in CW outside of peak hours. Doesnt sound too bad.

#9 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:59 PM

Wouldnt it be nice if nobody at all dfends it?

Even if the Clans win they are so few they get assimilated instead of changing the Universe...

#10 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

The bribe by PGI is not high enough to switch over to IS side. Why switch and be clubbed if one can win as Clans quite easily?

#11 The Mysterious Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 381 posts
  • LocationUsing your bathroom

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

forever Wolf for me, looks like i'll have to pass on those sweet colours. happy enough with the mechbay ha

#12 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:58 AM

I think PGI and the community forgets that many new players do not have any idea of what you 'all have been talking about?

New players don't study or even know anything about lore or MW history because this is just a "shoot a robot game now".

IS, Clan, ??? OK, both have neat robots that shoot and of the new players I've talked to off-line, a vast majority really only know "if they are or are not having fun!"

#13 ShaneoftheDead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:18 AM

According to my advanced metrics (Faction Play --> Leaderboards-->Loyalist Pilots, Filter to House/Clan, then click the right arrow until it stops)

Total Loyalist Pilots as of 13 October 2017 3057
House Kurita: 1,741
Clan Smoke Jaguar: 1,251

Those are the theoretical maximums. The last several hundred in each have only played a few Faction games. The turnout will be far less spread across all timezones.

#14 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostAsym, on 13 October 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

New players don't study or even know anything about lore or MW history because this is just a "shoot a robot game now".

And?

#15 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,826 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

Just like every event, the clans will roll over the whole map, own it, then not be allowed to actually claim the planet. The map will then reset and the clans will roll over the whole map again... repeat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users